• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Hitec support

Discussion about Tx, Rx, Servo's, Batteries, Chargers, and all the other things we like to talk about..
Moderator: VinceC
Elliot Howells

Hitec support

Post by Elliot Howells »

Hi guys,

does anyone know who I can get in touch with regarding faulty servos?

Can't find anything in the UK, just Germany and USA etc. I know it used to be Amerang...

Ell.
Biggles

Re: Hitec support

Post by Biggles »

Elliot,

Which servos did you have trouble with?

I have just had two brand new HS 125mg slim wing servos fail out of 5 purchased for a new glider build.
They juddered with increasing amplitude until swinging to the end of their travel. One then proceeded to burn its self out on 4.6 volts. (Analogue servos aren't supposed to burn them selves out!) I did not notice any problem whilst plugging in to centre them before installation. The installation required the cutting off of the plug and thus invalidating the guarantee.

No more Hitec for me...

On a positive note I used the small wooden servo trays, to which the servos are screwed, in stead of sticking the servo directly into the wing. These are excellent, especially as I had cause to remove two, which is now a simple procedure. I will use this method in the future.
Elliot Howells

Re: Hitec support

Post by Elliot Howells »

Chaps, the servo in question is a 430BH I think, almost brand new. It's a HV servo and was operating the throttle on my 1/3 decathlon when it started to jitter horribly (not good when it's driving a DLE111!). So I've pulled it out after less than an hour in the air and have replaced it with a Savox.

All the other Hitec HV's are fine, but they are much dearer (especially the blooming rudder servo!).

I have recently bought a pair of KST hallsensor brushless jobbies for a lead slead - they are VERY impressive, but I guess at nearly £70 a pop, they ought to be... They don't buzz like normal digi servos either.

I'll get in touch with Perkins, thanks.

Interestingly, I put the offending item on a tester, regulated at 6v and it ran clean after a few passes, I'll perhaps use it on a low voltage setup when I trust it again...