• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Frsky Hours X10

Discussion about Tx, Rx, Servo's, Batteries, Chargers, and all the other things we like to talk about..
Moderator: VinceC
Paul Joslyn

Frsky Hours X10

Post by Paul Joslyn »

Hi all, anyone got any hands on experience of this tx. Thinking of upgrading from my X9D.
Regards
Paul
Paul Joslyn

Re: Frsky Hours X10

Post by Paul Joslyn »

Thanks. I also have a X9E (tray version of the X9D) but it's so big it's a pain on the hill, hence I went back to the 9D. The X10 is just a little larger than the 9D, so thinking that would be better.
Just about every review I found so far I'd from a drone pilot, so want to here from a proper flyer :)
Barry_Cole

Post by Barry_Cole »

B****r, I was going to say that...

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

BC
Paul Joslyn

Post by Paul Joslyn »

Hi Clive,
The Horus X10 arrived yesterday. Very nice!
Have you flashed yours to Open TX?
I was planning to but having read a few warnings that if you do it wrong you can turn it into an expensive paper weight, i'm a bit nervous now...
Regards
Paul
Barry_Cole

Post by Barry_Cole »

Or you can e-mail me on modelgliding (at) aol.com

:) :) :) :)

BC
Paul Joslyn

Post by Paul Joslyn »

I made a long list of pro’s and con’s at the weekend and decided that the risk of turning it into a paper weight was not worth it and i should leave it on FROS.

But it was like an itch I was trying not to scratch….

So after reading the procedure twice and following it REALLY carefully, I though sod it and its OK – it’s now on Open TX 

So now have to re-program the 3 models I had already set up on it…. 
Barry_Cole

Post by Barry_Cole »

Great stuff Paul, well done.

I read through that paper again, and it seemed that most of the scary stuff was to do with going back to FrOS.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Open TX.

:D :D :D :D

BC
Paul Joslyn

Post by Paul Joslyn »

I'm hoping that most of the models from my X9D will transfer via Open TX companion. Then it will just be a simple case of checking and tweaking...
We'll see..
Barry_Cole

Post by Barry_Cole »

Seems to work in companion OK, good luck.

BC
mick a

Post by mick a »

still looking at the frisk system , the 10 sees good, gone of the 9xe seems to big
what is the open tx in simple terms ? , just not getting it at the moment
mick