๏ปฟ
  • Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Frsky Hours X10

Discussion about Tx, Rx, Servo's, Batteries, Chargers, and all the other things we like to talk about..
Moderator: VinceC
Peter Balcombe

Re: Frsky Hours X10

Post by Peter Balcombe »

Mick
OpenTx is an alternative transmitter operating system that is open source rather than the manufacturer supplied version.
I use OpenX in my Horus & it is continually evolving as new features are added, but otherwise stick with a version which suits you.
OpenTx Companion is essentially a PC based application which allows you to save model setups & try out new setups as on a simulator before uploading them to the Tx.
Barry will probably elaborate if needed!
Barry_Cole

Post by Barry_Cole »

Peter is correct, Open TX is the operating system, like windows on a PC. (But much much better) All the FrSky Transmitters will operate on it, so you can choose with Tx you like the look of from the whole range, and the operating system is basically the same.

Go for it Mick.

:D :D :D :D

BC
mick a

Post by mick a »

sounds like a plan
and all have s-bus type systems ?
not heard of anyone having range or connection problems, but as previous post said it all seems to be quads and fpv , so just wanted to be sure
have ran with bites for the past 4/5 years and never a glitch at all , just not enough channels now
think will go for it ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„
Peter Balcombe

Post by Peter Balcombe »

Mick,
Yes, the later Rx types have Sbus capability, so easy to add sensors etc.
Note that you will need a dongle type adapter to update firmware in receivers/sensors, but the Tx connects to a PC with a standard USB interface lead in order to load the OpenTx firmware & then talk to OpenTx Companion.
There are plenty of help videos/ info via OpenTx University threads.
If all else fails, just ask Barry ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€
Barry_Cole

Post by Barry_Cole »

Yes, the later Rx types have Sbus capability, so easy to add sensors etc.

I think you mean S-Port, Peter. The FrSky S-Port is the connection point for sensors. This allows you to have, A Vario, Current Sensor, Air speed indicator, GPS, and all sorts of other fun things that report back to the Transmitter. ( Should you want them, it's not compulsory)

All the Receivers report back, receiver voltage , and signal strength, as standard.

The S-Bus is the system that Futaba developed, and FrSky use to allow you to add local decoders so that you can get up to 16 Channels out of nearly all of their Receivers. The decoders each give 4 servo connections, and can be programmed to any channel from 1-16. I think the Futaba idea was to have programmable servos, but the idea did not really catch on. Using the decoders allow the use of any servo, and is therefore more flexible, and more cost effective.

Updating the firmware can be done from the Transmitter, using a slightly modified servo cable, no dongle type adapter really needed for firmware updating. All the firmware can be stored on the SD card in the Tx, and receivers updated from there. Simples....

Yes, I do like them. Top end capability at a sensible price.

:D :D :D :D

BC
Barry_Cole

Post by Barry_Cole »

Marc,
Yes, my Greenley Tug uses it. A decoder in each wing, keeps the wiring to a minimum.

Works well.

BC
Barry_Cole

Post by Barry_Cole »

Have you given Rich, his back yet??

:) :) :) :)

BC