• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Savox servo

Discussion about Tx, Rx, Servo's, Batteries, Chargers, and all the other things we like to talk about..
Moderator: VinceC
roo Hawkins

Savox servo

Post by roo Hawkins »

Has anyone had any experience of savox servos .are they any good or not. Thanks Roo
Simon WS

Re: Savox servo

Post by Simon WS »

Generally viewed as being very good I would say Roo. The only one I have used personally though is a low profile coreless one I had on the ASG29. It behaved perfectly up until the crash when it stripped a gear, but I don't think we can hold that against it - 200G can do that to a gear!!

Si
simon_t

Post by simon_t »

I have found the standard size with titanium gears to be excellent. There is a set of 7 in my Porter tug, DA50 powered so plenty of vibration, and they are still going strong after nearly 10 years and many hours flying. The midi size are also OK, and the smaller ones I stay away from because their centering is not that great. Never had any fail or break a gear.

Simon
John Vella

Post by John Vella »

I agree with the Simon and I only use Hitec or Savox servos standard and HV. The SAVOX SC1258 TG is a particularly robust servo and survived a 700 Heli crash without any damage. I think the Savox servo is amongst the best. Regards John.
jimbo

Post by jimbo »

Yes another positive here, the only downside i can see is they are sometimes buzzy, which can seem a bit out of place on a vintage scalie, and perhaps not on a modern glass ship.