• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

RX aerials

Discussion about Tx, Rx, Servo's, Batteries, Chargers, and all the other things we like to talk about..
Moderator: VinceC
Trevor

Re: RX aerials

Post by Trevor »

Since we've drifted off topic anyway, we switched our fluorescent tubes over to LEDs earlier in the year and they do seem very good. Also the tubes are plastic rather than glass - a point which I appreciated when I clouted it with a wayward wingtip recently! One thing I haven't tried though - will my rev counter work under mains LED light?
Barry_Cole

Post by Barry_Cole »

Trevor wrote: 13 Oct 2018, 09:29One thing I haven't tried though - will my rev counter work under mains LED light?
No it will not, my workshop is still doing 3000 RPM....

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

BC
geoff_crew

Post by geoff_crew »

Looking forward to your next speedy build then Barry as you're already running at 3000 rpm you must be almost ready for covering ! :lol:

Geoff
aka Motley
Tonyh

Post by Tonyh »

How come you`re not upside down Motley
geoff_crew

Post by geoff_crew »

I am Tony,(just avoiding incontinence "old Bat joke") fortunately I've got access to the forum even in the outback here in good old Aus !

Geoff :lol:
aka Motley
MDev

Post by MDev »

S’funny it works here in Italy as well........🍻🍹. the spinning might be down to the wine?
jack

Post by jack »

Hi all,after a minor hiccup on recovery road l am finally back in the workshop,though under the eagle eye of the mem sahib :lol: ,the B4 is now firmly back on the bench with not too much left to do,but l fear the maiden will be deferred till the warmer spring weather :( ,l do,however have a question regarding the placement of the antennae....l plan on using dual recievers and battery packs via an frsky RB10 unit,the rx,s will be side by side in a purpose made cradle,therfore l am a little concerned as to the routing of the antennae,l understand that they need to be at right angles to each other,but as l am dealing with four of them in close proximity to each other,l wonder if there may be some problems there :?: :?: ,l am using a pair of xr8 rx,s as they are to hand,l will also be adding a stand alone vario,although l will,in future be using the r-8r with built in vario,many thanks guys,pics of the b4 to follow,jack.
Barry_Cole

Post by Barry_Cole »

The Spelling Police strike again...

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Peter Balcombe

Post by Peter Balcombe »

Fluorescent strip lights can cause radio interference, as can LED lights when used with a LED dimmer.
Lights used without dimmers controls will be ok.
You can also get dropouts with some 2.4GHz radio sets if the Tx is very close to the receiver (usually within a foot or so) - which is easy to do during a bench setup.