• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

FrSky Aerials 2

Discussion about Tx, Rx, Servo's, Batteries, Chargers, and all the other things we like to talk about..
Moderator: VinceC
MDev

FrSky Aerials 2

Post by MDev »

I have changed my original short aerials (26mm unsheathed) to the 250mm (32mm unsheathed but covered with heatshrink) long aerials for the GRX8 and now No power, no lights, nothing except heat when connected and switched on.

The tx is powered up and transmitting 2.4ghz signals correctly. Any suggestions?

M
Peter Balcombe

Re: FrSky Aerials 2

Post by Peter Balcombe »

Mark,
If the new aerials clip on at the receiver end, have you tried going back to the originals to see if the original setup still works?
When you say ‘heat’, do you really mean something gets hot. If it does then likely that you have a short.
MDev

Post by MDev »

Both sets of aerials are labelled for this rx, hot as in hot to touch, no signs of powering up. I checked the battery and lead. The aerials snap into place. The rx worked last week.
Barry_Cole

Post by Barry_Cole »

Mark,
Make sure that they are plugged in properly, you may have damaged the plugs.

If you turn it on without aerials connected, I think that will make it hot.

BC
MDev

Post by MDev »

I got the little 'click' as they engaged on the board and they are not loose, I have done this many times.

Can the rx software cope with the different unsheathed lengths? Does the rx need to be reflashed with a new software to cope?
Barry_Cole

Post by Barry_Cole »

From the forums, many people seem to have changed to aerials without problems. I am a bit surprised at that, as I would have though the hardware would have been different to tune to the aerial length, but that is a guess.

You may have killed it!!!!

BC
MDev

Post by MDev »

Aaaaaggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!
MDev

Post by MDev »

Oh com’on, I can’t be the first to change from standard to 250mm long GRX8 aerials on this RX? Surely the aerials are made to fit all the GRX8 production?

M
Peter Balcombe

Post by Peter Balcombe »

Mark, the unscreened cable length is the actual antenna section on each aerial lead. Thus different receivers are apparently ‘tuned’ for different antenna lengths to work at 2.4GHz or thereabouts.
It would help if FrSky published details of which antenna length was compatible with each receiver!
Barry_Cole

Post by Barry_Cole »

As I understand it from FrSky, they have gone back to 1/4 wave 32mm aerials on all receivers.

BC