• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

FrSky S8R

Discussion about Tx, Rx, Servo's, Batteries, Chargers, and all the other things we like to talk about..
Moderator: VinceC
Elliot Howells

FrSky S8R

Post by Elliot Howells »

Hi all,

I've nearly finished installing and setting up my first S8R receiver, just wondered if anyone else has used these here?

My only goal is to have the self level function working for self launching biggish gliders at the slope, it's working well on the bench...

I've installed it in a Vagenecht B4, but am wondering if the gyro functions can be used in conjunction with the sbus? IE. is it possible to use it as a 16 channel rx with the Redundancy bus?

Ell.
Barry_Cole

Re: FrSky S8R

Post by Barry_Cole »

Been there, done that.

Give me a ring to discus. Number on e-mail.

Best time is 19-00 to 21-00

BC
Weds

Post by Weds »

I've been using one in an ST models electric Fox as a test to see how it functions. Can't answer your question about 16Ch and redundancy but I've been impressed with its performance. Switched on it makes the plane very stable. The Frsky instructions are next to useless I suggest watching the YouTube videos by Painless360..
Barry_Cole

Post by Barry_Cole »

Yes, The gyro effect is on the s-bus as well as the normal pins. I do not use the redundancy bus, so nothing to say there.

Programming CH-9/10/11/12, needs a bit of thought, after that it just works. With the Taranis, all setting are adjustable from the Tx, over the radio link.

Good bit of kit.

:D :D :D :D

BC
Elliot Howells

Post by Elliot Howells »

Thanks fellas, Barry, sorry, just been so busy with work of an evening lately.

Am experimenting wih a Funray before I commit a couple of grands worth of moldy... The Frsky instructions are appalling, they manage to make a fairly simple process seem insurmountable.

The value for gyro gain I've set on a rotary dial, with a display through the widgets so I can see what value works best - I'm assuming this can be then hard programmed into the rx using the lua script?

Cheers, Ell.
Peter Balcombe

Post by Peter Balcombe »

Elliot,
Have you seen the attached article from RCM&E.
It may help?
Attachments
S8R Guide.pdf
(3.48 MiB) Downloaded 132 times
Elliot Howells

Post by Elliot Howells »

Thanks Peter, I don't keep my old mags these days, I nearly drowned in magazines many years ago :)

I'll read this again and see if it confirms what I think I already know.

Hoping to test the self launch this weekend, weather permitting.

Cheers, Ell.