• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Corona servos from Hobby King anyone??

Discussion about Tx, Rx, Servo's, Batteries, Chargers, and all the other things we like to talk about..
Moderator: VinceC
Nigel Argall

Corona servos from Hobby King anyone??

Post by Nigel Argall »

Anyone got any experience of ‘Corona’ servos from Hobby King? – I need some slim wing servos for a WLM 1 I am building. These seem to have reasonable response time, lots of grunt and metal gears but at the price it seems a bit ‘too good to be true’. I’m used to going to the model shop and getting a couple of Hi-Tecs but these are literally a third of the price which is making me nervous – can anyone vouch for them?
See:
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/corona-cs-2 ... c-22g.html

Alternatives from Hobby King include a ‘KS’ at £ 9.47 (not heard of them!) or Turnigys at £16.08 – at least I HAVE heard of them but they don’t have metal gears.
Any experience you can share would be welcome. My only other experience of Hobby King is trying to buy electric airbrakes which are never in stock...
Trevor

Re: Corona servos from Hobby King anyone??

Post by Trevor »

I’ve got the digital version of those servos in a couple of models and so far they’ve been fine. I’ve also used Corona 939MG and 339MG servos in quite a few models with good results (again the digital versions).

Trevor
geoff_crew

Post by geoff_crew »

Both CW and I use them on ailerons/brakes etc (generally the DS ones) and they appear to be pretty reliable even on my Schweizer TG2 &3's which are 5m plus wingspan. Probably got about 30 between us, Chris has had one failure, electric I believe and I've had one go with striped gears (my fault, poor landing) All in all, good value I reckon. ;)

Geoff
aka Motley
MDev

Post by MDev »

I used to use them but have had too many failures to ignore. I would put the issue down to voltage, keep it at 5v with a bec and they're ok, use a fully charged 4 cell AA and they will burn out very quickly, even HV ones, I've chucked out a box of them this afternoon. The Turnigy 777 seems good. The other Corona models seem ok. Pay for a better one and feel secure!
chris williams

Post by chris williams »

Blimey Geoff, what are we going to do with all those servos?
geoff_crew

Post by geoff_crew »

Well pretty bad luck Mark having so many duff ones. Chris, we'll just have to keep going i reckon, btw my miss calculation regarding the number of Corona servos we have between us, it's more like 50 rather than the 30 and most run on regulated 6v ( Hells Bells, just found another 8 in the drawer waiting for a new home) NO, I'm not stock pileling for Brexit :o Not yet anyway !!!!!!

Geoff :)
aka Motley
roo Hawkins

Post by roo Hawkins »

I have been using them as well with no problems. I dId burn two out at the same time as a hitec servo. But that was my fault . The metal gears seem ok .
MDev

Post by MDev »

[attachment=0]IMG_0676.jpg[/attachment]

These are the ones I haven't sorted yet, all the solid locked up ones went in the bin.

I should add that other well known brands were involved over the last few years.

M
Attachments
IMG_0676.jpg
jack

Post by jack »

don't know about corona servos,but l have kitted out the Pilatus with JSX servos from Airtek hobbies....a digital 20 kg wing servo with metal case and gears for £18 is fine by me :D ,but if team Williams/crew rekon coronas are good (servos,not cigars :lol: )then they must be worth trying!!
andynrose315

Post by andynrose315 »

Hi, recently bought digital mg corona servos (843) but from hyperflight. no Complaints about them so far. Seem to centre fine.