• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Solder Sleeve Heat Shrink Butt Wire Splice Terminals Non-Crimp Connectors UK

Discussion about Tx, Rx, Servo's, Batteries, Chargers, and all the other things we like to talk about..
Moderator: VinceC
mick a

Re: Solder Sleeve Heat Shrink Butt Wire Splice Terminals Non-Crimp Connectors UK

Post by mick a »

hi cliff
do you use them for servo extensions ?
terry white

Re: Solder Sleeve Heat Shrink Butt Wire Splice Terminals Non-Crimp Connectors UK

Post by terry white »

Hi Mick, I am using them for servo extensions,They seem to work well although I must admit that it is early days yet.
Buy from Ebay, be careful as prices can very considerably, and the more you buy the much cheaper they are.
The white ringed are the size required for servo cables.The red ringed are the next size up ideal for making 'Y' leads with twin servo cables entering the same end. Hope this helps. Terry
MDev

Post by MDev »

I did a bit more research on these connectors, at the moment you can only buy the packs, of which thd smaller sized white ones only number z few in a pack, the separate sizes were available but only at heightened prices.
MDev

Post by MDev »

There is a great variation in prices so be aware!
M
MDev

Post by MDev »

Yes these are easy to use when fed through and both ends twisted, I tried to put one on a multiplex type green wire connector after cutting one end off but the solder ran out the bottom without touching the wire or pin, hey ho! Temperature used was about 200 degrees + on my Steinvale variable hot air blower.
MDev

Post by MDev »

For those with fingers that don't work welk its back to soldering.
Peter Balcombe

Post by Peter Balcombe »

From long ago when we used heat shrink solder splices at work, I see to recall that you needed to start with enough heat to shrink the ends, then kept the heat on a bit longer to melt the solder inside the (then) sealed enclosure.
However these splices may require a different technique!