• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

2.4GHz Rx position

Discussion about Tx, Rx, Servo's, Batteries, Chargers, and all the other things we like to talk about..
Moderator: VinceC
B Sharp

Re: 2.4GHz Rx position

Post by B Sharp »

Hi Rog. I have just picked up on this thread. With regard to ariel location- I had a problem with one installation quite a few years ago. I contacted Graupner for advice. They told me that they found that mounting the RX high and routing the ariels downward in a 90 degree "V" shape had proved to be the most effective on their display models.
As to beads on the servo leads I can only say that I did not find them effective. My thermal models used to fly in the most hostile environment for interference. Up to 12 models in close proximity, all with long servo leads and few, if any, using beads! Yes, their were crashes, but few could be attributed to interference other than thumb problems.
Brian. :)
Jolly Roger

Re: 2.4GHz Rx position

Post by Jolly Roger »

Thanks Brian - useful ideas.

My ferrite beads are history. Not sure they ever actually did anything!

Yes I'll try the inverted V for one rx and a horizontal/vertical placement for the other (linked through a RB20 bus).

I've also found it's only the last few cm of aerial that need to be at 90 deg (I'd worried the whole 6" of wires needed to be at 90!)

Frsky also suggest that carbon fibre is OK in the airframe providing it's over 12mm away from the active ends of the aerial... I'll be leaving at least twice this gap.