• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

binding s8r receiver

Discussion about Tx, Rx, Servo's, Batteries, Chargers, and all the other things we like to talk about..
Moderator: VinceC
mick a

binding s8r receiver

Post by mick a »

hi gents
can anyone give me a step by step guide on how to bind the s8r receiver to horus 10s express
with open tx
i have never had such a complicated radio just to get set-up , at the moment i might sell it as all i’m getting is frustrated with no joy whatsoever, why does i have to be so complicated
any help would be great
so at least i can get flying, at the moment it looks pretty but that’s it
mick a

Re: binding s8r receiver

Post by mick a »

i managed to do it, it’s simple when you know what sequence to do, couldn’t find it on instructions at all ,
i got the s8r for the giro if needed it .
i also wanted to put two decoders on to receiver can i do that with this system ?
I did it with the futaba system on a y lead with no probs
it’s just getting head around the system and symbols etc, just want it to be solid when i fly
mick a

Post by mick a »

i mean the s-bus decoders (pwm)
what i want to do is put one in each wing (each wing has 3 servos )
so i only have one lead coming out , also means i have enough for the rest of the plane .
it is simple but it seems like frsky and open tx don’t want to help in any way by making it easier i.e the instructions on for the receiver no where say to press the f/s button while you switch on , i called richard (t9) and he told me me
why can’t they do what other radio companies do and just give you a clue
Barry has been a massive help, it’s even things like the symbols , some have just stick on some have other bits , is there a reason they like to make it a dark art
i have never in 36 yrs of modelling had to take so long in setting up a model and still not have confidence in it , just hope never have to alter anything at the field 😳
Barry_Cole

Post by Barry_Cole »

You can have as many decoders a you like...

You are correct that the manual does not tell you how to bind the Rx, but all the receivers bind in the same way, and this is not likely to be the first one you use.

BC
Barry_Cole

Post by Barry_Cole »

I have used then with 3 servos connected, and ran a separate power feed into the fourth servo connection. It all depends on the servos and the power that they may draw. You just have to be practical.

BC