• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

FrSky X9E refurb

Discussion about Tx, Rx, Servo's, Batteries, Chargers, and all the other things we like to talk about..
Moderator: VinceC
MDev

FrSky X9E refurb

Post by MDev »

After over four years use there was interference on another channel as the sticks were moved (wear and tear?) I fitted the newer M9 Hall sensor units which are a straight replacement, a worthwhile investment of £20 each. The X9E now replicates what my X10s does.

M
Biggles

Re: FrSky X9E refurb

Post by Biggles »

Hi,

Reading your post I've done the same and cured the wear and tear in my Taranis 9xE, however the uprated gimbals only fit one way because the sensor is obstructed by the trim switch plug. Effectively this means the elevator and throttle (mode 2, AETR) are installed up side down. OK I can reverse this in the model program. Reversing in outputs looses the end point and subtrim settings, not encouraging with many models to amend programming, reversing in setup means the trims work the opposite way. I've physically turned round the trim pcbs (easy just two screws) for Throttle and elevator so the trims work but the trim indicator on the screen now goes the wrong way to the switches. I've checked the Hall effect box in companion. What am I missing?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

John
MDev

Post by MDev »

Yes, there is only one way to fit otherwise the wires don’t fit. I just reversed the channels at present, most of my newer or bigger gliders have been transferred to my X10S. My X9E has two transmitter modules one set up as XJT (D16 etc) and one for the older non EU protocol. The parts have given new life to the radio and allowed me to keep using my older rx which are legal if I brought them before the EU LBT protocol was introduced.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

Thanks for your reply,

The new gimbals have fixed the wear and tear and feel good.
Thanks to support and advice from T9Hobbysport I think I've fixed the programming issue too, and have turned the trim buttons back round the correct way:
I down loaded Companion 2.3.4 (The latest) and then down loaded the latest OpenTx software which is 2.3.4 after checking the horussticks box in settings then flashed the open TX back to the 9xE. Hey presto the reversing is fixed.

I will preflight check every model now just to be sure everything is moving the correct way.

PS you only need one XJT module for eu_LBT and original non telemetry D8. Not checking the eu box in settings offers D8 as well as D16 and you can choose in model setup which one you require. Checking the eu box simply removes the choice of D8. The D16 protocols are the same, and legal whether you check the box or not. At least this is how I understand it!

Cheers,

John
MDev

Post by MDev »

I believe that it’s the EU tag that makes it legal for tx to be sold within the EU community, after (Feb 2015?) that date it was illegal to sell without the EU LBT protocol. Our equipment is also operating on a reduced output, from the rest of the world, due to France using part of the spectrum for other uses.

No doubt the full answer will be coming along shortly!

M