• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Taranis X9D help please!

Discussion about Tx, Rx, Servo's, Batteries, Chargers, and all the other things we like to talk about..
Moderator: VinceC
Nigel Argall

Taranis X9D help please!

Post by Nigel Argall »

Friends, somebody please give me a steer here – I can’t work out what I’m doing wrong. 18 Months ago I bought a Taranis X9D in slight trepidation due to the programming requirements. I programmed the first model (my Grunau baby) without too much trouble – took a long time but followed Barry Cole’s ‘quick guide’ and got everything working including airbrakes and an aileron/rudder mix.
Second model was a four channel power model so used the ‘wizard’ to set that up – basically all OK.
Now... trying to set up my new WLM 1. I used the wizard on the basis that I’d be able to set up a simple model (including two channels for ailerons) and add bits like airbrakes later.
I enclose a pic of the inputs. The wizard sets up the basic stick inputs but nothing else shows. I don’t think this matters? I also enclose a picture of the mixes. This shows channel 7 (8 is the same) connected to switch ‘SC’. I think that this means that when I connect a servo or airbrake to channel 7 of the RX, and then flick switch SC, it should operate. But it doesn’t.
I’m hugely frustrated as this is not complicated – I just want SC to operate the airbrakes on channel 7 and 8 (out of the RX). What am I doing wrong?
I could
1. Fix it with your help
2. Start again – is it the wizard that has messed this up?
3. Just copy my Grunau Baby which is basically exactly the same set up but that would be frustrating – I want to know what I’m doing wrong.
Any help gratefully received!
Attachments
rsz_p1630493.jpg
rsz_p1630493.jpg (73.58 KiB) Viewed 957 times
rsz_p1630494.jpg
rsz_p1630494.jpg (74.03 KiB) Viewed 957 times
Peter Balcombe

Re: Taranis X9D help please!

Post by Peter Balcombe »

Nigel,
Check on the Output screen that you have channel 7 set up to provide an output like the main channel, otherwise nothing will happen on that channel.
It may also be worth checking what mix ratio the channel 7 mix is applying when the switch is active (can’t remember what they call it in the mix edit screen.
Peter
Barry_Cole

Re: Taranis X9D help please!

Post by Barry_Cole »

Nigel,
I sent you an e-mail.

BC