• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Glostex

Discussion about Tx, Rx, Servo's, Batteries, Chargers, and all the other things we like to talk about..
Moderator: VinceC
IanT-White

Glostex

Post by IanT-White »

I am thinking about a project but with the loss of solartex , and the narrower width of Oratex ,wondered if anyone has any experience with Glostex /
Ian Davis

Re: Glostex

Post by Ian Davis »

Hello Ian

I presume you mean Glosstex by Solarfilm. I've used it a few times in Silver. It is as easy as Solartex to apply but the lighter colours tend to bruise easily and the silver in particular can end up with black marks that are unsightly. It takes paint for detail without any further surface prep.

download/file.php?mode=view&id=20183

Best regards

Ian
Attachments
SGS22a.JPG
Martin Gough

Post by Martin Gough »

What about Sig Coverall?
IanT-White

Post by IanT-White »

Ian and Martin , many thanks for your replies , most usefull , re Sig Koverall , the older version I thought was much better than the present version which seems to have a more " open " construction and seems to need several coats of dope to seal it
I prefer lightweight Ceconite , from LAS Aerospace , much stronger ,tighter weave , bit heavier but needs less dope , it also comes off the roll by the yard at 70 inches wide which is a bonus , like the Koverall and nylon , its just a long process and not my favourite part of the build
Best regards Ian Turney-White
ps still looking for the missing "s" !!