Anyone wishing to register, once you have, PLEASE CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER for the confirmation email. There are a lot of people registered but not activated their accounts.

GPS Triangle training weekend and light competition 29 / 30 June 2019

Spread the know how on GPS navigational flying.
Howard wise

Re: GPS Triangle training weekend and light competition 29 / 30 June 2019

Post by Howard wise » 31 Jan 2019, 12:28

Great news to see a GPS training weekend, I have already booked a room for the night so please put my name down :)

john greenfield

Re: GPS Triangle training weekend and light competition 29 / 30 June 2019

Post by john greenfield » 14 Mar 2019, 16:06

I am pleased to advise that there is a healthy interest in the training day and competition. We already have a couple of entries from European pilots and I am sure their help and experience will be very useful to anyone wanting to learn about GPS racing. There is also a pleasing number of UK pilots who have expressed an interest.
I have now confirmed the loan of 9 sets of the RC-Electronics T3000 kit that will already be loaded with all the info you need to fly the course. All you will need to supply is a standard extension lead in your model, preferable plugged into a spare channel of your receiver or if you do not have a spare channel it can be "Y" leaded into the receiver battery supply. The airborne part of the kit is about the size and weight of an OXO cube so should fit in any model
I have prepared a long article which will be published in RCM&E in May that will explain more about GPS flying for those who do not already know about it.
Put the dates in your diary 29 / 30th June at Baldock, Hertfordshire.
Camping available all weekend for those wanting to stay over.

John (AEB)
AEB = Aeronautical Energiser Bunny (with thanks to CW)