Page 1 of 1

Sport class

Posted: 03 Aug 2015, 12:19
by john greenfield
The new GPS sport class is now formally up and running and results can now be logged on the website at

www.skynavigator.net.

Enjoy

AEB

Re: Sport class

Posted: 03 Aug 2015, 17:22
by Geoff Pearce
John, what constitutes a sports class?

Geoff

Re: Sport class

Posted: 05 Aug 2015, 07:38
by john greenfield
Geoff

Any self launch glider with a wingspan of less than 5m and a weight of less than 7kg. They are to be flown on a 350m course with a max entry height of 400m.
This class opens up GPS flying to a huge range of sport electric gliders and it is hoped will allow more people to have a go without the expense of the big 1/3rd scale or Open class models. So far experience has shown that any 4m+ glider like the Alpina, Thermik or Solution / Prolution are competitive but there are many other similar models that could be used.

If anyone want s a go I always have my GPS kit with me and am happy to loan it to anyone to have a go at any of the events GS run through the year. I am really keen to promote this new class so will provide all assistance to anyone who wants to have a go.

also happy to assist anyone with loan of kit for anyone with a pure glider who want to see what this type of flying is all about.

AEB