• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Another training day

Spread the know how on GPS navigational flying.
john greenfield

Another training day

Post by john greenfield »

All

After all the fun we had at the first GPS triangle training day I have decided to run one more before winter sets in.

It will be held at Baldock on Sat 31st October.

As before loan kit will be available on the day for anyone wanting to give it a try and tugs suitable for any size glider will be available. This is not meant to be any form of competition and to learn the basics any type of glider or electric glider that you are comfortable flying will be ideal regardless of size (assuming it is big enough to see on the course !)

I would appreciate provisional responses from anyone interested in attending.

Regards

AEB
AEB = Aeronautical Energiser Bunny (with thanks to CW)
john greenfield

Re: Another training day

Anyone interested in attending, responses have been a bit thin on the ground ?

AEB
SP250

Post by SP250 »

John

Will try and get down to this one, as I should be able to drive again by next week, even if it is only to soak up the info and I don't fly.

John M
Darren M

Post by Darren M »

I should be ok for that one John.

Darren
Bernie

Post by Bernie »

Hi John

I will try and be there at the moment things are looking good, will bring some kit with me to loan if required, and will try and remember my drive batteries :lol:

cheers

Bernie :twisted:
Jeti UK, Esoaring Gadgets, Valenta Models, Let Models, RC Electronics, Aerobtec, Schambeck Motors.

Visit JETI UK
john greenfield

Colin

It does not matter how good your model is. To learn the ropes with this type of flying it is better to have a nice stable model you are comfortable flying so you can relax whilst understanding what all the data coming back means and how to use it. Fretting whilst chasing a hot ship around the sky is not the best learning environment !
The skylark will be fine for training.

Bernie
Thanks for your support.....do I need to call you on the Friday night to ensure you remember your batteries this time !!!!!!!!

AEB
john greenfield

GPS Training day all set for next Saturday. Flying will start at around 10.00am with advice, assistance and loan kit available for anyone to have a go. Club hut is well stocked with free tea and coffee and proper flush toilets are on site for anyone who drinks too much !

Tugs will be available for any size models but self launch sport models are also welcome. It does not really matter what sort of glider you fly as this is not a competition. something simple you are comfortable flying is the best option, glass or vintage as there is quite a lot to take in when learning this type of flying. If you are struggling with a hot ship you may not have enough brain capacity to take in the added info coming to you from the GPS kit.

NOTAM in place so no issues with over 7kg models flying above 400ft

Site address is Warren Lane Baldock

See you there

AEB
Bernie

Post by Bernie »

batteries packed :oops: and will bring some kit with me for loan

cheers

Jeti UK, Esoaring Gadgets, Valenta Models, Let Models, RC Electronics, Aerobtec, Schambeck Motors.

Visit JETI UK
john greenfield

Weather looks ok for Saturday. I will be there at 9.30 to open the gate and get the kettle on.
http://www.xcweather.co.uk/forecast/Baldock

AEB
SP250

Post by SP250 »

Thanks to John and the local club for yesterdays GPS training - most informative and there is nothing like seeing it and using the gear personally.
Sorry for the loss of the Skylark due to the low cloud though, sad to see.

John