• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Autodesk Fusion 360

If you need help on creating or dealing with a plan in dxf or other formats, then this is the place to ask.
Robin Birch

Autodesk Fusion 360

Post by Robin Birch »

Hi,
I am trying to learn Fusion 360 and making some progress. I am starting with a Rupert Moore Tiger Moth and attempting to use Fusion to redraw the model and produce Drawings for laser cutting as many parts as possible. Obviously this is ambitious for a first serious go. Is there anyone on here who has experience in this package and lives within striking distance of Cirencester who is willing to trade coaching time for beer?
+
mikeyc38

Re: Autodesk Fusion 360

Post by mikeyc38 »

Hi Robin
Did you ever get an answer to your post? I can't help you with Fusion 360 but what I have done using TurboCAD professional platinum
is to scan the plan as a pdf (fullsize), load it into the cad package into a layer. Then scale it so that the pdf is fullsize in CAD, trace over the plan /parts on another layer. This gives good results ready for the CAM phase of the process (i.e. generating toolpaths) I have my own CNC router at home so this is the workflow I follow

Kind Regards
Michael