• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

DRAFTSIGHT

If you need help on creating or dealing with a plan in dxf or other formats, then this is the place to ask.
Barry_Cole

Re: DRAFTSIGHT

Post by Barry_Cole »

Cliff Evans wrote: 24 Jan 2019, 18:18 You can curve a polyline by entering "a" on the keyboard whilst using the polyline. Go back to straight line by pressing "l"
And you learn something new and useful every day, here.

:D :D :D :D

BC
Sean Fitzgibbon

Post by Sean Fitzgibbon »

Hi Cliff,
absolutely, the use of the 'a' on the command line once the polyline is selected works very well. It basically turns the polyline into a variable arc, and the vertices you pick on the trace outline are then available to edit.
Out of curiosity, what programs do you currently use?
Sean.
Sean Fitzgibbon

A little progress, an hour here and there.
I am really impressed with the software, at the moment I'm just tracing outlines and checking that dimensions agree on the sections in the various views. I plan to trace all of the drawings, then scale them to finish size and then copy that to fill in the model structure.
Initially I was thinking of a 4 metre model to aerotow, but I may do a 2 metre as first and slope it. :P
Attachments
Doc1.docx
(166.26 KiB) Downloaded 213 times
Sean Fitzgibbon

So ,Cliff, what would you suggest is the best way to insert or attach screenshots into forum posts? As you can see on my last post I screen printed to a Word doc and attached that.
Secondly, if I get to a point with my Super Albatross project where I have a plan and time to build it, what would you need me to supply to have a set of parts cut?
I must admit I've really enjoyed the process so far and I want to see it fly!😃
FrankS

Post by FrankS »

Sean, another image editing program is Irfanview https://www.irfanview.com/ good for cropping screen shots etc.

Is this fly before the other ones still on the building board ;)
Sean Fitzgibbon

Frank Skilbeck, you know me, can't tolerate the thought of an empty building board! Started the main box spars for the AV48 in the clubroom this evening!
Sean Fitzgibbon

Thanks for that Cliff, I'll have a look at that software😉
Sean Fitzgibbon

Fin and rudder traced and added to the General Arrangement drawing, on which the scale is now full size.
Attachments
Super Albatross GA Drawing.png
Sean Fitzgibbon

All of the component parts are now traced and scaled up to full size. I'll copy them and scale them to my required model size, probably around 4 metres, and then start thinking about the construction.
I'm really impressed with this software, highly recommend it to anyone wanting to experiment with CAD.
Attachments
Super Albatross Complete Full Size.png