Don't forget to check your spam folder if you don't get an activation email after joining!!

Leek & Moorland 8/9th CANCELLED.

The place discuss or announce scale soaring events in the UK.
Anthony

Leek & Moorland 8/9th CANCELLED.

Post by Anthony »

It is with hand on heart, to have to announce, that next weeks Scale Comp is cancelled.
After Thursday nights Government Lockdown of Manchester/South Yorkshire and surrounding area, the Club has no option but to cancel the event.

Having said that, the Clubs Sites are open to fly but just not an organised event.

I can only apologise for the late decision and hope you will understand the Clubs position.

Yours most sincerely Anthony.

SP250

Re: Leek & Moorland 8/9th CANCELLED.

Post by SP250 »

Understandable Ant due to the latest C19 situation up there of the second wave.
I feel your pain at making the decision as I have had to cancel a couple of Sherlowe events as you know.
Not easy, but better to be safe, not catch C19 and live, so you can then do it next year rather than be dead - that's a long time not flying.

John M

Anthony

Post by Anthony »

SP250 wrote:
01 Aug 2020, 14:58
Understandable Ant due to the latest C19 situation up there of the second wave.
I feel your pain at making the decision as I have had to cancel a couple of Sherlowe events as you know.
Not easy, but better to be safe, not catch C19 and live, so you can then do it next year rather than be dead - that's a long time not flying.

John M
Agreed John, just isn’t worth the risk under the arising circumstances. Ant.

B Sharp

Post by B Sharp »

Sorry to hear that the event is cancelled but you are right to stay safe. I look forward to coming down to see you again next year.
Brian.

RobbieB

Post by RobbieB »

I'm really going to miss that jaunt over the Pennines - scenery to die for...........but the right thing to do (er, cancel, that is).