Don't forget to check your spam folder if you don't get an activation email after joining!!

Sherlowe Airstrip Aero Tow

The place discuss or announce scale soaring events in the UK.
SP250

Sherlowe Airstrip Aero Tow

Post by SP250 »

Have got the go ahead for two aero tows at Sherlowe in Shropshire. Covid restrictions and vaccines permitting.

First weekend is July 31st, August 1st and the second weekend, October 16th,17th.
As for the pilot event in August 2019, arriving Friday and leaving Monday morning is not a problem.
Approach must be from the village of High Ercall (B 5062) not off the main Telford to High Ercall road (B 5063), as that is a private road and gates are sometimes locked.

Cliff please add to the SSUK calendar, thanks.

John M

simon_t

Re: Sherlowe Airstrip Aero Tow

Post by simon_t »

Great to hear you have a couple of dates John, and let’s hope we are all in the clear by then. Unfortunately the first date clashes directly with Binham, which may limit numbers a little (although you do tap into quite a few pilots who don’t attend Binham).

Simon

FrankS

Post by FrankS »

Excellent John, thanks, we'll be there :D

B Sharp

Post by B Sharp »

Hi John. I will have to bear this event in mind although I am not prepared to book accommodation just yet. It all depends on whether the big gates in Hadrians Wall are open or closed.
Brian. :)

SP250

Post by SP250 »

Simon, fitting dates into a crowded calendar is a nightmare and I thought that the clash would be acceptable, as you surmised, they are on opposite sides of the country so both can be adequately supported by different groups of pilots.

Look forward to it Frank.

Brian - let me know when you want to book and I can reccommend places for you (or to avoid) if you wish, as I am local. Or were you referring to the first minister cutting the mooring ropes with England when she succeeds with the second go at independance?

Hopefully C19 will be controlled by July /August, I'm off for my first vaccine tomorrow.

John M

B Sharp

Post by B Sharp »

Thanks John. I should have had my vax#2 by the end of April and I hope to be bomb proof my mid may. Whether events are on or not rather depends on whether the "muppets" who cant measure 2.0m hav'nt placed us back into lockdown#3 by then.
Brian :D

RobbieB

Post by RobbieB »

B Sharp wrote:
21 Feb 2021, 12:49
'Thanks John. I should have had my vax#2by the end of April.........'

Wot, two vacuum cleaners for the workshop!!?

B Sharp

Post by B Sharp »

No vacuums in my workshop, just a well used brush and pan.
Brian. :D

George Gosbee

Post by George Gosbee »

We can come to the later one but will be at Binham for the first. But should see you all at the Mynd for scale days.

George.