Don't forget to check your spam folder if you don't get an activation email after joining!!

Sherlowe Airstrip Aero Tow

The place discuss or announce scale soaring events in the UK.
simon_t

Re: Sherlowe Airstrip Aero Tow

Post by simon_t »

Unfortunately I can’t make this one John due to a covid postponed event that I had tickets for which is being re-run on the Saturday evening.

Simon
SP250

Post by SP250 »

That's a shame Simon, thanks for letting me know - hope to meet up next year, either aero towing or GPS events.

John M
Ray Watts

Post by Ray Watts »

Hi John.

If the weather forecast is not dire and nothing health or vehicle wise gets in the way in the meantime, then I am planning on attending for the first time. However as it's a 350 mile round trip meaning £100 in diesel (if I can get any by then), then the weather forecast is fairly crucial (even though it doesn't actually mean a lot these days).

When are you planning on being there for liaison? Is there a water supply and is there an elsan disposal? Is there hangarage available for anyone who stays over?

Cheers

Ray
It's always calmer indoors :D
SP250

Post by SP250 »

Ray

Good news that you are going to join us - weather & stuff etc. being in the green.
I will be there Friday lunchtime to meet you if needed and to lay out the pilot box cones etc.. The BMFA height exemption/approval and Notam include the Friday.

There is a kitchen with drinking water supply and 240v mains power for a kettle or charging batteries etc.
A full size aircraft hangar, like at Milson, for storing the models overnight save dismantling them, it also has mains power.
There is not an elsan toilet disposal point, but I'm not sure if it can go down the normal flush toilet (there is a ladies and gents backing onto the kitchen). The site has all waste going into a septic tank, so I don't know if the chemicals in the elsan will affect the bacterial process in the tank - I'll leave you to sort that one out.
I can cover all your tug fuel expense, if you give me a receipt, but sadly not the motorhome diesel. Working on that one for next year.

John M
Ray Watts

Post by Ray Watts »

Excellent John. We probably wouldn't be there until mid afternoon on Friday but I'll sort that with you nearer the time.

BMFA No sent

Cheers

Ray
Bendywings

Post by Bendywings »

Have diesel, and b’n’b booked, if the weather forecast is half decent I’ll be there on Friday afternoon, Chris G
Elliot Howells

Post by Elliot Howells »

Hope to bring the tug for one day or the other :)

I believe my DLE was 'ripping' it's 27x10 prop as it's now truly run in, so I've bought a 28x10 prop to bring the supersonic tips under control.

Cheers John, Ell.
B Sharp

Post by B Sharp »

Sorry John, I cant make it down this time. I have a family event planned for that weekend.
However I would be very happy to make the long trip down next year if you plan to have more events there. I enjoyed the July/August event and would look forward to repeating the experience.
Best of Luck.
Brian S.
SP250

Post by SP250 »

You'll be missed Brian.

Yes I plan on holding two aero tows next year.

John M
Ray Watts

Post by Ray Watts »

Hi John
Will you be staying on site this weekend from Friday lunchtime?
Ray