• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Milson Airstrip Aerotow Events 2022

Ray Watts

Milson Airstrip Aerotow Events 2022

Post by Ray Watts »

Hi Everyone.

Just to let you know the planned dates for next years aerotow weekends at Milson Airstrip, Little Down Farm, Milson.

Friday June 17th to Sunday June 19th, and Friday September 16th to Sunday September 18th.

Basically the same dates that would have been this year had I run 2 Events and the previous 4 years dates (though it didn't happen in 2020).

More details to follow nearer the time.

Cheers

Ray
It's always calmer indoors :D
catwok

Re: Milson Airstrip Aerotow Events 2022

Post by catwok »

Nice & early Ray...
Cliff Evans

Post by Cliff Evans »

Thanks Ray, I will not put them on the main diary yet, just in case things change.
https://lasercutsailplanes.co.uk
https://patteaklegliders.co.uk
Elliot Howells

Post by Elliot Howells »

whooot!

will have two useful tugs for this Ray, thanks so much for organising, it's certainly one of the highlights of my year :)

Ell.
Dave Mackintosh

Post by Dave Mackintosh »

Splendid!
simon_t

Post by simon_t »

Great news Ray (and Happy New Year to Mandy & yourself). Hope to be there, maybe even with the Pawnee tug, which due to the recent poor weather has progressed quite well recently.

Simon
Ray Watts

Post by Ray Watts »

Cheers Simon and thanks for that. Looking forward to it though it seems a way off at the moment. Soon be summer.
The Pawnee should be good :)
Ray
Cliff Hannam

Post by Cliff Hannam »

Brilliant!
Thanks Ray, really looking forward to them both - as usual.

Regards and best wishes to you and Mandy,

Cliff
Ray Watts

Post by Ray Watts »

Hi All.

Only 10 days now until the June 2022 Milson Aerotow on Friday, Saturday and Sunday the 17th to 19th of June. The BMFA have issued the Permit and the NOTAM is applied for and they contacted me the day after applying 2 weeks ago, so should all be in place. Please be aware that this is for under 25kg models only due to the nature of the site and keeping safety in mind for pilots, pits and runway separation distances. Camping is available from Thursday evening through to Monday and I hope to be there by early evening on the Thursday and staying to Monday lunchtime (weather permitting). There is water available on site and 2 toilets to use, but there is NO Elsan Disposal for campers (definitely not down the toilets). Payment for flying and camping is by donation which all goes to the local Air Ambulance Trust. I would suggest around £10 per day like at Sherlowe and something for camping, but it is a donation so you will have be the judge for that.

Please note that during the day when the aerotow is running there should be no flying around for power models/tugs doing aerobatics, test flying, running in, etc, as this gets confusing for the glider pilots and causes unnecessary extra noise that we do not need. Also if you arrive after the pilots briefing around 10am, DO NOT set up and fly until you have liaised with me when I become available (if I am towing). Although we all fly under Article 16 which makes it your responsibility to asses whether you and your model are fit to fly, (and we will be checking your BMFA/LMA membership) there are still site rules that need to be understood before you fly.

Please remember to set your sat nav to Cleobury Mortimer and then after arriving there, re-programme to Milson, to avoid several miles of single track road going direct, especially now that the hedges don't seem to get cut back anymore anywhere. BTW, there is a Garage with a decent Co-Op in Cleobury right by the turning for Milson.

From Cleobury Mortimer you take Tenbury Road for 3 miles until you get to a village sign with MILSON on it and also Max Speed 30 and a triangle with a parent and child shown. Then immediately there is a detached house with a large detached garage on the right, then a white cottage on the right then a row of terrace cottages on the right with the lane on the right just up the side, but beware it's not clearly in view as you approach (there's a signpost on the left pointing right to Coreley and Clee Hill). This all within 100yds. Take the narrow lane for half a mile and Milson airstrip comes up on your right with a aeroplane picture sign by the road after the low flying aircraft sign.

Lets hope the weather is good :)

Ray
simon_t

Post by simon_t »

Thanks Ray. I hope to make this one, with tug and gliders, and I am planning to be there for Thursday evening.

Simon