Anyone wishing to register, once you have, PLEASE CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER for the confirmation email. There are a lot of people registered but not activated their accounts.

Milson Airstrip 2018

The place discuss or announce scale soaring events in the UK.
roo Hawkins

Re: Milson Airstrip 2018

Post by roo Hawkins » 20 Jun 2018, 21:46

Sorry I can not make it because of a family crisis. But hope you all have a great weekend. Roo

Bendywings

Post by Bendywings » 21 Jun 2018, 09:14

Ray, is this narrow road the one approaching Milson village from the south east from Mamble through Nene Sellars? I guess it’s tight for campervans but ok for cars/vans?

Ray Watts

Post by Ray Watts » 21 Jun 2018, 10:30

Hi Chris

Yes it is and yes ok for cars, but like Barry says, he went that way and wouldn't recommend it. It seems to go on forever and if you meet anything coming the other way there may not be a passing place.

I really do recommend the extra mileage to go Cleobury Mortimer way.

Ray
It's always calmer indoors :D

Ray Watts

Post by Ray Watts » 21 Jun 2018, 11:31

From Cleobury Mortimer you take Tenbury Road for 3 miles until you get to a road sign with MILSON on it and also Max Speed 30 and a triangle with a parent and child shown. Then immediately there is a detached house with a large detached garage on the right, then a white cottage on the right then a row of terrace cottages on the right with the lane on the right just up the side. (There's a signpost on the left pointing right to Coreley and Clee Hill). This all within 100yds. Take the narrow lane for half a mile and Milson airstrip comes up on your right with a aeroplane picture sign by the road after the low flying aircraft sign.

Bear in mind that I get my motor home down this short lane but just keep a look out for local cars and tractors as they won't be expecting much traffic down there.

Ray Watts

Post by Ray Watts » 21 Jun 2018, 23:34

Just a heads up. Tenbury Road from Cleobury through to Milson is full of pot holes so be careful.

Also the co-op garage where you turn off in Cleobury which is a very modern shop of a reasonable size for a garage with some parking, had diesel at £1.31 on Thursday night. Cheaper than I am paying at home at present.

Oh and the Windsock seems broken. It was hanging straight down when we arrived.

Ray Watts

Post by Ray Watts » 21 Jun 2018, 23:51

Oh, and by the way, Chris said he will put a tele out on the lawn if any of you sad bu99ers (my comment) want to watch the England slaughter on Sunday.

Barry_Cole

Post by Barry_Cole » 22 Jun 2018, 08:26

You do realize that F word is not allowed on this forum, on pain of banishment forever...

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

BC

Pat Marsden

Post by Pat Marsden » 24 Jun 2018, 19:10

Barry_Cole wrote:
22 Jun 2018, 08:26
You do realize that F word is not allowed on this forum, on pain of banishment forever...

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

BC
Lucky then that Ray never used the F word, didnt realise the drudge was on until we went to Norwich this afternoon, Im going to start one of those online petitions for England to run about a big grass field every Sunday as it was the quietest on the roads around Norwich that I have ever seen it.

FrankS

Post by FrankS » 25 Jun 2018, 08:41

Getting back on topic, had a fantastic day at Milson yesterday (despite losing my onboard FPV camera), light winds, wall to wall sunshine and booming thermals, several aborted landings as gliders caught low thermals and when up again :D

Thanks to Ray for all his hard work organising this and doing the towing, Mandy for the cakes, and Chris for hosting us again. Will be back in September.

Very sad to hear about Rays Wilga on Saturday though :(

Antonia

Post by Antonia » 25 Jun 2018, 17:09

Mel and I had a great time for our first visit to Milson, thank you Ray for organising such a lovely venue. All things being equal hope to be back at the next one!... Thank you :D