Anyone wishing to register, once you have, PLEASE CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER for the confirmation email. There are a lot of people registered but not activated their accounts.

Milson Airstrip 2018

The place discuss or announce scale soaring events in the UK.
Ray Watts

Re: Milson Airstrip 2018

Post by Ray Watts » 17 Sep 2018, 22:03

Well once again, thanks to everyone who came to Milson for another aerotow weekend.

Unfortunately the weather didn't allow us to do any towing on the Friday or the Sunday, but with 25 pilots on Saturday, 6 of whom were new to Milson, and with Simon Thornton (one of the newbies to the site) doing a big share of the towing, the 2 tugs in my estimation did between 100 and 120 tows in total on the day, meaning that the average number of flights per pilot was around 4 or 5, which was not bad in the challenging wind conditions.

This site always seems to bring out the social side of the flyers and there was much banter and sitting/standing around talking as well as flying and a very laid back pace (except for the tug pilots, which I enjoy :D )

By the end of the weekend the everyone's generosity had raised in the region of just under £400 for the local Air Ambulance which Chris is always keen to support so a big thanks for putting your hands in your pockets guys.

Really looking forward to being back at this special place next year and seeing you all again

Many thanks

Ray and Mandy
It's always calmer indoors :D

Cliff Evans

Post by Cliff Evans » 17 Sep 2018, 22:16

Sorry I could not make it Ray, really wanted to be there. definately next time.

roo Hawkins

Post by roo Hawkins » 18 Sep 2018, 10:00

Thanks Ray from me too. It was good to plan a trip to the Mynd on Friday and then Milson on sat.

catwok

Post by catwok » 18 Sep 2018, 19:49

Great weekend again Ray, usual light hearted event. Shame about the weather on Sunday but still enjoyed chatting! And please tell Mandy I'm looking forward to her scotch eggs!

terry white

Post by terry white » 18 Sep 2018, 23:08

'Scotch eggs' When; where; nobody told me about Mandy making scotch eggs. All anyone ever said to me was that there was to be lots of flying and stuff, nothing about any scotch eggs. ;)

Three days before the event I visited the dentist to have a filling of a wisdom tooth (to be honest it never did me any good the 74 years I have been straddling the planet) but when he got in there he found that it was cracked in half."Got to come out he said with a grin" :o
Also the roots have intertwined with its neighbor so that's got to come out too.After a great deal of swearing and shouting,(not from the dentist but from me they were out),and what followed was three days of pure agony. :evil:
So I am sorry Ray that I missed your get together this time .Sorry Mandy that I missed your cakes and 'scotch eggs',but I am glad you all had a good time guys. ;) Regards Ter.

Mark Richards

Post by Mark Richards » 19 Sep 2018, 21:43

Thanks again to Ray for organising another great weekend at Milson and to Simon for sharing the towing.
Thanks also to Mandy for the cakes and savouries.
Great to see the event being so well supported and a tidy sum going to the Air Ambulance.
Mark and Caroline

Geoff Pearce

Post by Geoff Pearce » 20 Sep 2018, 08:38

Another great weekend, can't wait for the next one .
Thanks to Ray and Mandy , and especially our host Criss and Pat,
Amazing grass cutting, like a bowling green, and now another direction at short notice