Middle Wallop Events 2018

The place discuss or announce scale soaring events in the UK.
john greenfield

Middle Wallop Events 2018

Post by john greenfield » 14 May 2018, 14:14

All

The first MW event is this coming weekend. Please remember, as advised last year, that our events will be 2.4ghz only from now on. This was extensively mentioned at our meetings last year and is now in place.
Please do not bring models on 35 mhz as unfortunately you will not be permitted to fly them.

Access to the airfield will be via the museum gate which opens at 08.30. At the gate you will have to pay the museum staff for access to the airfield. On arrival at the flying site you will be asked to register as a pilot, provide proof of insurance and asked to pay £5 per day to fly to cover the running costs of the meeting and pay for the tug's fuel.

Make sure your tow release is well tested and working and you bring sufficient tow loops !!!

AEB
AEB = Aeronautical Energiser Bunny (with thanks to CW)

Phill Tadman

Re: Middle Wallop Events 2018

Post by Phill Tadman » 19 May 2018, 11:30

Looking to be a great day here! Come along today and tomorrow. Pictures to follow after shrinking!

Phill

FrankS

Post by FrankS » 19 May 2018, 22:40

Great days flying today, thanks to all the tug pilots.

Plenty of gliders in the air making use of the regular thermals, several new models test flown, all successful including our IS-5 :D

I'll put up a video today.

Can't make tomorrow, but if you are going make sure you take the factor 50 :lol:

eric friend

Post by eric friend » 20 May 2018, 12:44

Excellent day at Middle Wallop yesterday, thanks Ghost Squadron - unfortunately I can't make it today.
It was good to catch up with friends after the winter break although we did see some of them at Buckminster last week.

I had the first aerotow with my ASH25, an uneventful tow thanks to Darren, but sometime during the flight, the glazing on the rear canopy became unglued and detatched itself from the frame and fluttered to earth somewhere either in or out of the airfield. Simon helped me with the initial search but I sent him back to to the flightline so that at least one of us could get some flying in. I spent the rest of the day traversing most of the airfield without finding the plexiglass glazing hoping that I would see a glint of sunlight reflected from it - sorry John. :oops:

However I did have some success, I found Ian's centre section wing cover which had become detached during one of his flights and he was over the moon when I presented it to him - Oh the joy a piece of 1/64th of an inch thick plywood can create. :D :D :D

PS - If anyone finds a shiny curved section of plexiglass with a white edging band all round at MW, it's mine - thanks.

Congratulations to my fellow ASH25Mi flier Antonia, for getting her maiden flight with her beautifully engineered machine completed successfully, plus two more. Unfortunately neither of us were able to demonstrate ROG using our onboard power-trains owing to technical issues but we'll both get there before long.

I hope that those of you who were able to attend today have a great session.

catwok

Post by catwok » 20 May 2018, 20:35

Epic weekend, thanks GS

FrankS

Post by FrankS » 20 May 2018, 21:47

Here's the video of the IS-5 test flight, you almost need the factor 50 just to watch the video :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8uSmT7 ... e=youtu.be

chris williams

Post by chris williams » 20 May 2018, 22:00

A classic weekend from the AEB and the Ghosties... Nice to see some new tuggies along with the old. (I wonder if they've been through the initiation ceremony yet?)

Well done everyone
Attachments
IMG_0351 copy.jpg

Phill Tadman

Post by Phill Tadman » 21 May 2018, 06:15

Thanks to all GS and helpers for a fantastic weekend at Middle Wallop!

Phill

Antonia

Post by Antonia » 21 May 2018, 07:43

A big thank you Ghost Squadron team from Mel and me for an absolutely brilliant weekend, a special thanks to John for checking out my new ASH 25 and setting her up for me :D

terry white

Post by terry white » 21 May 2018, 11:13

A brilliant weekend,with fun,frolic,friends, and flying. Thanks to the G.S.again. Thanks guys.