Ghost Squadron Aerotow at BMFA Buckminster 2019

The place discuss or announce scale soaring events in the UK.
john greenfield

Ghost Squadron Aerotow at BMFA Buckminster 2019

Post by john greenfield » 06 Jan 2019, 16:49

Hi all

I am now pleased to confirm that the Ghost Squadron will be running an aerotow weekend at Buckminster again this year. The date has been confirmed as 4/5th May. Please note that an earlier provisional date of 11/12 May was previously published but this date has now changed to 4/5 May and confirmed.
Buckminster is a great site and ideal for aerotow activities, as those who attended last year will confirm.

Run by the same team that bring you MW and with the same laid back style. Camping is available on site and overnight model storage available in the hanger, we look forward to seeing you there.

The Ghost Squadron.
AEB = Aeronautical Energiser Bunny (with thanks to CW)

Cliff Evans

Re: Ghost Squadron Aerotow at BMFA Buckminster 2019

Post by Cliff Evans » 06 Jan 2019, 20:00

Great shame, had already booked 12th-13th Cannot make the new dates!

robc

Post by robc » 08 Jan 2019, 23:32

Given the new date is a bank holiday weekend, will this be a three day event now?

Rob

B Sharp

Post by B Sharp » 09 Jan 2019, 09:43

That's a bit of a B****r, I had already booked my digs for the weekend!
Luckily they have been willing to change my booking at no additional cost.
Don't Change The Date Again Please.
Brian. :o

keith poulton

Post by keith poulton » 20 Jan 2019, 21:09

Hi,looking forward to being back at Buckminster,last years meet was great,am I correct that I contact Buckminster regards camping,

john greenfield

Post by john greenfield » 21 Jan 2019, 07:59

Yes Keith. Camping for the weekend is booked directly with Buckminster.

AEB

john greenfield

Post by john greenfield » 04 Mar 2019, 15:35

Hi all

We are pleased to be able to advise that the Ghost Squadron aerotow meeting at Buckminster has now been extended to 3 days to take in the Bank holiday Monday. The event will now run 4, 5 and 6th May...
Camping will be available all weekend (book direct with the BMFA), with proper flush toilets in the hanger which will also be open all weekend for storage of models. Tugs will be available to tow ANY size model from the smallest to largest and the site is NOTAM'ed to 1500ft.
Come along for the day or the whole holiday weekend and enjoy some relaxed flying.
If you are new to aerotowing, experienced tug and glider pilots will be on hand to assist so bring your model and join in the fun.

The Ghost Squadron

Pat Marsden

Post by Pat Marsden » 31 Mar 2019, 17:37

Just over a month until the first GS aerotow event of 2019 so time to get those models out and dusted off, batteries checked/replaced etc.......well it is for me if no-one else :D . BMFA Buckminster is a brilliant site and well worth a drive if you didnt come last year.

Pat Marsden

Post by Pat Marsden » 20 Apr 2019, 07:22

Now only a couple of weeks until Buckminster aerotow so time to remind you that it is a 3 day event running Saturday, Sunday and Monday with flying until 4pm on the Monday. Camping available but you need to book that direct with the BMFA. This is the 2nd aerotow at this superb facility and if you haven’t visited Buckminster yet you are missing out, plenty of overnight storage available so you don’t even have to take your models apart.
See you there.

john greenfield

Post by john greenfield » 28 Apr 2019, 09:26

Hi all

The Buckminster aerotow starts next Saturday but to avoid the confusion that appears to have been created by the BMFA advert, the charges per day for flying are as follows.
The charge for anyone wishing to fly at Buckminster is £8 per day payable direct to the BMFA on arrival. To cover the costs of running the aerotow event, tug fuel etc, The Ghost Squadron will be charging pilots £5 per day to participate and for as many tows as you can fit in.
I hope this is clear and we look forward to seeing as many of you as can make it next weekend.

The Ghost Squadron