Milson Airstrip

The place discuss or announce scale soaring events in the UK.
Paul Chisholm

Re: Milson Airstrip

Post by Paul Chisholm » 28 May 2019, 22:14

Many thanks Guys intend being there
Paul C :)

Ray Watts

Post by Ray Watts » 18 Jun 2019, 20:10

Just a reminder that this weekend is the first date for this years Milson events. We have a NOTAM in place for Friday, Saturday and Sunday so if anyone wants to play on Friday as well, we should be there for that as well, pending the grass being picked up which has been cut for animal feed.

You can camp from Thursday until Monday if you want.

The fees for this meeting are by donations to the local Air Ambulance for which there is a collection box on site.

Hope to see you there

Ray and Mandy
It's always calmer indoors :D

harry curzon

Post by harry curzon » 20 Jun 2019, 09:46

Ray Watts wrote:
18 Jun 2019, 20:10
so if anyone wants to play on Friday as well, we should be there for that as well, pending the grass being picked up which has been cut for animal feed.
I am hoping to come on Friday with a glider, is the strip ready or not?

Ray Watts

Post by Ray Watts » 20 Jun 2019, 10:05

Bit rude.

The owner says that with the rain that we've had, they've got behind in cutting the grass for animal feed. However that is on the area to the side of the runway, which may make direct access across from the cars less easy. The runway itself should be fine as that is kept cut anyway. We may have the farmer who rents the field for the feed, collecting the cut grass whilst we fly, but that shouldn't be an issue.

You can ring me for a definate update on Friday morning if you want to on 07876 350691

Ray

Sean Fitzgibbon

Post by Sean Fitzgibbon » 22 Jun 2019, 17:03

Lovely day out today at Milson, thanks to Ray for a very relaxed day and Mandy for some superb cupcakes!!!
Attachments
IMG_20190622_110317925_HDR.jpg
IMG_20190622_110259905.jpg

terry white

Post by terry white » 22 Jun 2019, 17:30

Sorry I couldn't make it this time Ray, glad you all had a ball, Shall I give you my address so that Mandy can send me my cup cakes. :lol: :lol:

Ray Watts

Post by Ray Watts » 22 Jun 2019, 22:37

Yesterday was a good day for the few that came but today was the best turnout that we've had at Milson with just under 40 flyers attending.
Thanks to all of you for making a safe and very enjoyable day and hope to see you again soon. The thermals were plentiful so it was a good day all round.
Of course we must thank our host Chris Jones for allowing us to use his airstrip and preparing the runway.
Tomorrows forecast is not so good but we're still here so we'll give it another go.
Ray and Mandy
PS Sorry Terry, I ate your cakes for you to save on the postage ;-)

FrankS

Post by FrankS » 23 Jun 2019, 09:08

Ray, we had a great day yesterday (Saturday), some excellent flights. Hopefully the post flight pub lubrication has highlighted the stability issues with the IS-5 :)

Thanks to yourself and Simon for the towing duties and Chris for being such a nice host.

catwok

Post by catwok » 24 Jun 2019, 12:30

It's been said several times before, but the Milson weekends are so relaxed & easy going, thanks to Ray & Mandy for organising once again. Thanks also to Simon for some excellent tows with my ASK18...... Look forward to doing it all again in September.

Ray Watts

Post by Ray Watts » 24 Jun 2019, 21:39

Now home from Milson and what a weekend it was.
There weren't many on friday but we towed on and off during the day. Then Saturday was the best yet, and Sunday was overcast and started raining around 2pm.
It must have been busy as I filled up my fuel cans on the way home to find that I'd got through 15.25 litres of petrol in the tugs. I don't know how much Simon Thornton used but he towed nearly all day Saturday and I couldn't have done it without him, so thanks for that Simon.
We also raised a new record amount for charity with £429 being the end figure for the weekend. This will be split evenly between the local Air Ambulance and the Macmillan Cancer Support charity that Geoff Pearce supports.
Thanks again everyone for making Milson special and to our hosts Chris and Pat Jones, who by the way, were very pleased with the way the weekend went.
Hope to see you again in September
Ray and Mandy