URGENT MIDDLE WALLOP REVISED ACCESS

The place discuss or announce scale soaring events in the UK.
Steve Fraquet

Re: URGENT MIDDLE WALLOP REVISED ACCESS

Post by Steve Fraquet » 17 Jun 2019, 21:21

Hi Chris 'NOT A DROP OF RAN ALL DAY' what is RAN thought I'd ask before the Wookie did :lol: :lol:

chris williams

Post by chris williams » 17 Jun 2019, 21:33

Steve...I see reports of your demise were greatly exaggerated :D

simon_t

Post by simon_t » 17 Jun 2019, 22:34

Like other comments, had some excellent flying on Sunday, breezy but plenty of lift, and great fun playing a game of dare following thermals downwind at at a rapid rate, then beating back up the wind. The cloudbase was quite low initially, so the first couple of flights included some IFR time, but it gradually lifted. As the clouds were plentiful and moving through very fast, it was much like full size gliding, hopping from cloud to cloud with most providing decent lift.
Thanks again to John, Tony and Alan, and to Pat for going through all the organising grief.

Simon

Barry_Cole

Post by Barry_Cole » 17 Jun 2019, 23:19

Steve Fraquet wrote:
17 Jun 2019, 21:21
Hi Chris 'NOT A DROP OF RAN ALL DAY' what is RAN thought I'd ask before the Wookie did :lol: :lol:
B****r I missed that one.

BC

B Sharp

Post by B Sharp » 18 Jun 2019, 18:26

Thanks to the "Ghosties" for a great weekends flying. This was some of the best, most challenging flying I have experienced for a long time. A check of my notes show that I had 18 flights and spent more than 4.5 hours in the air during the two days. Thanks to the "tuggies" for their work and also to Ray who kept me calm when a big nasty cloud swallowed model.
Brian. :)