Don't forget to check your spam folder if you don't get an activation email after joining!!
The place discuss or announce scale soaring events in the UK.
- Posts: 554
- Joined: 18 Mar 2015, 07:52
Since Ray posted that he was going to hold Millson on the weekend we had been offered for the aerotow at South Cerney I have been talking to the airfield authorities to see if they can offer another date. The only one available is the weekend before, 13/14 June. This clashes on the Sunday with one of the White Sheet scale meetings. I have spoken with Chris Williams about the clash but he thinks it will work to have both running on the Sunday as many of the slope flyers do not attend aerotow meetings.
I now need to do a quick poll to ask the aerotow community what they want to do. The options seem to be:-
1) Keep it on the 19/20 June and clash with Millson
2) Move it to 13/14 June and clash with Whits Sheet on the Sunday
3) Cancel the event to avoid any clashes.
I have to make a decision by the end of the week, assuming no other activity using South Cerney asks for that weekend during this week.
Please post your option and ask all your aerotow friends who may not regularly look at SSUK to post their preferred option before the end of the week.
The Ghost Squadron
AEB = Aeronautical Energiser Bunny (with thanks to CW)
- Posts: 119
- Joined: 18 Mar 2015, 12:33
- Location: Bishopstoke UK
Given the possibility that South Cerney could potentially replace MW I don't think this is a good time to mess them about by changing the original date.
- Posts: 100
- Joined: 21 Jul 2018, 09:32
- Location: Gloucestershire
I am coming to cerney to support the new event whenever it happens. Just please don't cancel, we really do appreciate the effort that all event organisers make on our behalf.
- Posts: 92
- Joined: 20 Mar 2015, 21:55
- Location: chepstow,south wales
- Posts: 1108
- Joined: 18 Mar 2015, 10:13
- Location: Clevedon, North Somerset, U.K.
I certainly hope to be able to support the new South Cerney event whenever it is held.
- Posts: 49
- Joined: 17 Mar 2015, 21:45
- Location: Herne Bay, Kent
I would like to attend both, so I support the date move - please don’t cancel as its just an unfortunate clash that won’t occur next year.
- Posts: 126
- Joined: 17 Mar 2015, 22:30
- Location: Oxfordshire
Mel and I would be happy to attend whichever date is decided upon.
As to the politics we don’t want to get drawn into much, in our view we need as many meetings as possible to get the most use of our oversized models as our own club is not suitable to fly from.
Whatever is decided we will be there
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 02 Aug 2018, 01:45
- Location: Bradford West Yorks
We will come to South Cerney whatever date is decided. Its near enough to Martins house to not have to bring the caravan.
- Posts: 576
- Joined: 18 Mar 2015, 21:08
- Location: wareham,dorset.england
Cliff, what has happened to the poll and the earlier posts? my computer cant seem to find them!!!