Don't forget to check your spam folder if you don't get an activation email after joining!!

South Cerney

The place discuss or announce scale soaring events in the UK.
Bendywings

Re: South Cerney

Post by Bendywings »

Sorry to hear this and I do apprecaite the effort needed to organise such a meeting.

John introduced a scheme a few years ago whereby the Ghost's liability was covered by guarantors, I think 12 stepped forward...? who paid in advance in return for a reduced entry fee. Would it be worth resurrecting this? I would definitely chip in...

Chris G
Roger-Spragg

Post by Roger-Spragg »

Thanks John and Pat and any other Ghosties involved since I made that first tentative contact. It's a B****r that all your efforts have come to nought and for us in out part of the world there is so little aerotow without a long trek. I was so looking forward to it. I'll just have to put my thinking cap back on!!!
FrankS

Post by FrankS »

Yep, thanks for all your efforts, it's a shame they have come to nought. Hope to catch up with you all at another aerotow soon.
Pat Marsden

Post by Pat Marsden »

Roger-Spragg wrote: 24 May 2021, 22:15 Thanks John and Pat and any other Ghosties involved since I made that first tentative contact. It's a B****r that all your efforts have come to nought and for us in out part of the world there is so little aerotow without a long trek. I was so looking forward to it. I'll just have to put my thinking cap back on!!!
All Johns efforts/expense Roger, Ive had no dealings with South Cerney and just posted some insight into the charges the DEO/DIO levy now levy
Cliff Evans

Post by Cliff Evans »

Most of us will never know what is involved and just how much work goes into organising any event. John and the team are very experienced in these things and deserve all the support we can give them.

Once again a big thankyou to the Ghost Squadron.
https://lasercutsailplanes.co.uk
https://patteaklegliders.co.uk
roo Hawkins

Post by roo Hawkins »

A mate of mine is a instructor in the army and help says the D.E.O are a pain in the ass. The army even have to book there own fireing range