Don't forget to check your spam folder if you don't get an activation email after joining!!

G'day from Down Under

Just joined the forum? Please introduce yourself here..
Wayne_H

G'day from Down Under

Post by Wayne_H »

G'day all,

I'm Wayne from a fabulous flying area in south-western New South Wales (Australia), called the Riverina region. Being in the "wheat belt", unfortunately slope soaring sites are few & far between, but the thermals are tremendous👍 8-)

My current fleet of scalies include 1/4 scale Ka6, ASG27 (electric), Kestrel 17m, and 1/5 ASW29 (electric). In various stages of construction are a 1/4 scale Slingsby Kestrel, a Schleicher ASK 14 motor glider (electric), a 1:3.5 DFS230 & a 1:5 LS6.

Regrettably, I have done very little building or flying for some time while I've been moving around Australia working on large civil infra-structure projects. Officially I'm now "semi-retired", which in reality means I have even less time, having started construction of our retirement home + hangar (for my 1:1 DG101) in between monthly work trips to New Zealand. Consequently, for the shorter term I'll be mainly lurking on the sidelines, watching & learning. Great to be a part of the forum! :D

alexis scott

Re: G'day from Down Under

Post by alexis scott »

I've been away from the group for a little while great to see another Aussie Scale soaring guy here, are you aware of the Bordertown Aerotow happening at the end of November? Its shaping up to be a great event,
You've a nice selection in your hangar, maybe catch up at an event some time
Regards
Alexis Scott