• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

G'day from Down Under

Just joined the forum? Please introduce yourself here..
Wayne_H

G'day from Down Under

Post by Wayne_H »

G'day all,

I'm Wayne from a fabulous flying area in south-western New South Wales (Australia), called the Riverina region. Being in the "wheat belt", unfortunately slope soaring sites are few & far between, but the thermals are tremendous👍 8-)

My current fleet of scalies include 1/4 scale Ka6, ASG27 (electric), Kestrel 17m, and 1/5 ASW29 (electric). In various stages of construction are a 1/4 scale Slingsby Kestrel, a Schleicher ASK 14 motor glider (electric), a 1:3.5 DFS230 & a 1:5 LS6.

Regrettably, I have done very little building or flying for some time while I've been moving around Australia working on large civil infra-structure projects. Officially I'm now "semi-retired", which in reality means I have even less time, having started construction of our retirement home + hangar (for my 1:1 DG101) in between monthly work trips to New Zealand. Consequently, for the shorter term I'll be mainly lurking on the sidelines, watching & learning. Great to be a part of the forum! :D
alexis scott

Re: G'day from Down Under

Post by alexis scott »

I've been away from the group for a little while great to see another Aussie Scale soaring guy here, are you aware of the Bordertown Aerotow happening at the end of November? Its shaping up to be a great event,
You've a nice selection in your hangar, maybe catch up at an event some time
Regards
Alexis Scott