• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

G’Day from down under

Just joined the forum? Please introduce yourself here..
Alex Tankink

G’Day from down under

Post by Alex Tankink »

G’day from down under

My name is Alex Tankink from Adelaide South Australia.

Just wanted to say thanks for the add introduce myself.

I am a fan of all things vintage and gliding. Gliding ran in the family, but unfortunately circumstances meant I can’t fly the real thing. I was around gliders since I was literally out of my mothers womb and in a pram. Before my dad passed I remember Blaniks, Bocians and even a Kookaburra as a young kid. Our family flew near a place called Waikerie.

Recently I got told to ‘find a hobby’ to decompress! 😬. Well I have decided to heed that advice and try and fulfil a personal goal/dream by summoning up the courage and make time to build and fly vintage scale gliders (As a kid I used to scratch build 2ch gliders that I designed myself and chuck em off the local hill).

I figured I’d come to the source and font of knowledge. Your site and work is really inspiring.

I would be really interested in some advice on a first scale build. Not only do I need to refine my building skills but I will literally need to learn to fly a proper glider with more that just R.E.S. 😬

Cheers

Alex
Cliff Evans

Re: G’Day from down under

Post by Cliff Evans »

Hi Alex and welcome. You will find you will get a lot of advice and assistance here. There are several members her from Australia that you could contact. Jilles Smits is one that has designs that would suit you as a beginner. And obviously available to you there. You can pM him easily here: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=344
https://lasercutsailplanes.co.uk
https://patteaklegliders.co.uk
Alex Tankink

Re: G’Day from down under

Post by Alex Tankink »

Cliff Thanks very much for info👍🏻.

I will check out Jilles work.

Thanks again

Alex