• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Just joined the forum? Please introduce yourself here..
Mike Watts

Re: New Member

Post by Mike Watts »

My Purbeck Fox from Simon Cocker
Attachments
Purbeck Fox
Purbeck Fox
terry white

Post by terry white »

Super colour scheme Mike, I see you have the crescent moon tips as well. They were an expensive extra. They cut the roll rate down quite considerably but add to its soaring-ability. Now banned on the full size, but I still like to fly with them on. Have you flown her yet? Terry.
Mike Watts

Post by Mike Watts »

Hi
Yes done about 6 aerotows here up to 1500', soars beautifully and holds a lot more energy than my swift, absolutely love it. Scale cockpit just need two pilots now.

Mike
terry white

Post by terry white »

Mike are you going to Shrivenham this weekend? I'm there on the Saturday and would love to see your fox. Terry
Mike Watts

Post by Mike Watts »

Hi Terry
Only going on the Sunday as I have commitments on the Saturday
Mike
eric friend

Post by eric friend »

Hi Mike, Welcome to the Purbeck Fox Owners Club! Only joking, there isn't one but it is good to keep in touch with those of us who are lucky enough to own one of these vintage beasts. That's quite a colour scheme you have there - Wicked! The fuselage of mine is painted with mountains and a picture of an arctic fox, courtesy of Ali Machinsky. As you have found out, they are great to fly and are a keeper - sorry Terry. (I have Terry's prototype.) Looking forward to seeing yours in the flesh at one of the aerotow meetings. Fly safe, Eric.
Mike Watts

Post by Mike Watts »

Hi Eric
Nice to hear from you mate
It’s been a real trial
Servos failing all at once, got some pilots, fitted powerbox with new JR servos but still can’t get the hang of the spoilers there mad
Let me know if you ever go sloping I use the long mynnd but it’s a treck from oxford
Mike
Attachments
46AA050A-A180-4505-BE00-3D53DC0E1087.jpeg
94C41899-0BB2-498D-84DA-02A46DFEB028.jpeg
17BA3BA6-00CA-4A21-9399-9715A03AD8C0.jpeg
EB6BC63B-B5F3-47C8-8A53-50D6690D777C.jpeg
E8F50B8A-6D4F-47AA-A1B4-D7DA1B24593C.jpeg