• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Just joined the forum? Please introduce yourself here..
Mike Watts

Post by Mike Watts »

Hello All,

I have been a member for a few months now and have come from the powered flight side of our hobby. I started gliding with Ghost Squadrons Airworld Swift (G SOLO) flying on the slopes and turbine powered from the flat lands where I live in Bicester. Our club has started aerotowing with a large Greenley in the club and my Hangar 9 Pawnee.
Ive recently sold my Swift and bought a lovely large Purbeck Fox and will be going to all aerotows where possible.

Many thanks.
john greenfield

Re: New Member

Post by john greenfield »

Thats interesting !!!?
I sold the Ghost Squadrons's Airworld Swift (G-HOST) a couple of years ago to Andy Johnson and he and his son are still flying it around the UK airshow scene. It was at Cosford last week.
Welcome to the forum though and glad you are enjoying the Swift....wherever it came from ?

AEB
AEB = Aeronautical Energiser Bunny (with thanks to CW)
Mike Watts

Post by Mike Watts »

Hi John
I thought the Ghost Squadron had 2 swifts and one was sold to Simon Cocker which I had, if I am wrong I apologise, I flew mine with Adam Johnson last year at the Radley Hall Show.

Mike
Attachments
image.jpeg
john greenfield

Post by john greenfield »

No problem Mike.
GS only had one Swift and that is the one Adam is now flying.
Similar colour schemes though !?

AEB
AEB = Aeronautical Energiser Bunny (with thanks to CW)
Cliff Hannam

Post by Cliff Hannam »

'Curiouser and curiouser!' cried Alice :?:
eric friend

Post by eric friend »

Hi Mike,
Good to hear that you have a Purbeck Fox.
We have two here in Kent which we mainly fly on the slope. Simon WS has Rick White's original model which he took to the Long Mynd last week and I have Terry White's original prototype.
See you at a meeting sometime.
Eric
terry white

Post by terry white »

Hi Mike, I think you will love the Fox,you should have seen Simon Warren fly his at the Mynd last Saturday,it was just just stunning.
I'm here to help if you need me and I am sure Simon and Eric will pitch in as well. I like to keep tabs on all our Purbeck models where possible so can you give me its history?

Regards Terry White
Geoff Pearce

Post by Geoff Pearce »

Hi Mike,

I have some wing bags for the fox if you need some

Geoff
Mike Watts

Post by Mike Watts »

Hi Terry

I bought the Fox off Simon Cocker at the Milson Aerotow a few weeks ago, as soon as I saw it I knew it was coming home with me and it did. It has the original large scale futaba servos with split elevators and does fly really well and I absolutely love it.
Mike Watts

Post by Mike Watts »

Hi Geoff
I am in need of some wingbags for her, please let me know what you want for them and where you are please
Cheers Mike