• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Just joined the forum? Please introduce yourself here..
Bovin

Post by Bovin »

Hello everyone, I am Vincent de Bode, I live in The Netherlands. English is not my native language, so please forgive me my mistakes!
In my youth In the sixties I flew mostly wakefield (rubber powered free flight models, now F1B) and later went on with other hobby's and work.
A bit more than ten years ago I picked the hobby up again with e powered gliders and also some indoor foamies.
Some friends visited Retroplane and I got interested in models of vintage glider models. First I build a Nemere in scale 1:8 in balsa from a set of ribs and frames sold via the German magazine Aufwind. Next I build a bigger Nemere scale 1:6 in ply and flew that on Retroplane 2016 in Polsa. I also participated in the "challenge 1925" of Retroplane and choose to build the Fokker F.G.2, a glider build by Anthony Fokker in 1922. I build it from spruce and stainless steel tubes and flew it on last Retroplane 2017. Retroplane is a Frech website, but these building reports are in English.
The link of the building of the Nemere 1:6 http://www.retroplane.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4645
The link for the F.G.2 http://www.retroplane.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4779
Also a link to a video the first flights of the Fokker

Vincent
Bovin

Re: New member

Post by Bovin »

Thank you for the nice welcome!
Vincent.
Barry_Cole

Post by Barry_Cole »

Vince, That looks like the place you need to fly... All that lovely water to land in...

:D :D :D :D

BC
Barry_Cole

Post by Barry_Cole »

Welcome Vincent,
I see you have caught the Retroplane bug in a big way. Wonderful model.

BC
Bovin

Post by Bovin »

Thanks Barry,

Yes you are right, I love the research, building and flying of those old crafts! Also the support and atmosphere are great at Retroplane. It took me quite a lot of time to understand the specific French, but it was worth it!

Vincent
Barry_Cole

Post by Barry_Cole »

Ah yes, I remember the specific French..

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

BC
FrankS

Post by FrankS »

Lovely the FG2 seems to have a lot of character
Bovin

Post by Bovin »

Thank a lot for the comments!
About the character, it came at a price!
I had some worries about the wingwarping (what is sufficient???) and also about the functinal rigging, luckily the model was only slightly damaged after the first hand tosses and I could alter the throw of the wingwarping and I could quite easily upgrade the rigging.

Vincent