• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

New Member Pete Marsden

Just joined the forum? Please introduce yourself here..
Pete Marsden

New Member Pete Marsden

Post by Pete Marsden »

Hi,
Having built scale gliders during the mid/late seventies (mainly Wanitschek models) into the mid '80s, when I lived in the Purbecks, I've recently come back into the fold.
I have a 1/4 scale DG-100 Elan that I've fitted a motor to last Autumn and a 1/4 Grunau Baby, both of which have helped me get my eye in again.

I've moved the contents of my loft to the 'shed' and have had to come clean with 'er indoors with how many models I'd accumulated!
I've spent the winter refurbishing two 1/5 scale Jantars, one 'Standard', one '2B open (Jantar 2 with T-tail that I've fitted with a motor)'.
I've also almost completed the refurbishment of three 1/4 scale Jantars (one of which has never been flown).
Next on the board is a Bill Longley 1/4 Salto.
I've several glass fuselages awaiting wings etc, for example : 1/3 DG-600, 1/4 DG-600, 1/4 DG-300, 1/4 ASW-17, 1/4 HP-18 (one complete, one still in its box), 1/3 Libelle, 1/4 ASH-25, and a 1/5 SB-10.
Some of these I have moulds for.
Luckily I have my own Step-Four wing cutting m/c and a home made thermo-vacuum moulder for canopies.

Clearly I have too many models so would be open to offers on a selected few.

Here's hoping for a good soaring year!
John Vella

Re: New Member Pete Marsden

Post by John Vella »

Hi Pete welcome back . I am a 70s soarer as well . I remember Bill Longley and that era of early "mouldies". My Wanitschek Jantar 1 is still going strong after some 35 years service. Good soaring when Spring arrives.
Regards John.
roo Hawkins

Re: New Member Pete Marsden

Post by roo Hawkins »

Hi Pete and welcome to the forum. will we see you at any events this year???? . the Wanitschek Jantar 1 was the glider I always wanted when I was a young lad in the 1970s. Looking at the mags and dreaming. So when I started to build my gliders myself the Jantar was the first one I had to build..ROO :D