• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

new to forum

Just joined the forum? Please introduce yourself here..
harry curzon

new to forum

Post by harry curzon »

Hi, I have just registered on this forum though I have been reading it for quite a while.

My main interest is scale jets (got an F-86 Sabre, Typhoon, Lightning, F-104 Starfighter) but recent early retirement has given me the time to come back to gliding as well, which I used to do decades ago. I peaked at 3rd place in Open Class thermal at the Scottish Nationals in 1983! I also did full-size gliding in the 1980s at Bicester and Cranwell mostly in K-8, K-18 and Astir, also flown the K-21, K-13, T-21, Janus, and Grob 103 motor glider during training, and had a couple of flights in a K-6 too. My first ever visit to Middle Wallop was for a week in 1986 as crew for a friend with a DG-300 in the Inter-Service Gliding Championship. I had a PPL for over 20 years mostly doing aerobatics. I have a couple of hours in the P-51 Mustang in my log-book, throwing it around a USAF bombing range at 100 feet and 300 knots!

I have an Mpx Cularis for electric soaring, Royal Models Pilatus B4 3m for sloping, for aerotowing I have an ASK-8 3.5m (brought it to Middle Wallop a couple of months ago), am refurbishing a second hand Discus (Graupner 4m model) and I have a laser-cut kit of the K-18 4m for building someday.

I am hoping to be able to attend lots of aerotow meetings at MW, Shrivenham and others within reach of Gloucestershire.
harry curzon

Re: new to forum

Post by harry curzon »

Cliff Evans wrote: 21 Jul 2018, 10:14 Hi Harry, and welcome. Maybe we will see you at Shrivenham next weekend.
Hi Cliff, i want to but I will be abroad on holiday for the umpteenth time this year, early retirement is such a drag!!
Mike F

Re: new to forum

Post by Mike F »

Hi Harry, welcome to the forum.
Regards
Mike Fordham
Kinsham