• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

New member - Andy Warlow

Just joined the forum? Please introduce yourself here..
AndyWarlow

New member - Andy Warlow

Post by AndyWarlow »

Hi.
As a recently joined as a new member I though it was time I introduced myself.
Over the past 20 odd years I have been flying power but a couple of years ago I was introduced to Slope Soaring by a club member. My first glider was a Moth which was surprisingly robust and suffered many an unexpected arrival. I lost this one day at Ivinghoe and replaced it with an M60 and a Gulp, both of which are still flying today and have been great value for money. Next up was a Phase 6 as I enjoy building as much as flying. This is built as 'full-house', even thought many say it doesn't need it, so that I can practice landing with crow braking. Still getting to grips with this model but learning a lot from it. I also have an Alpina 2501 and a 3m ASW 17. I see lots about 4m Alpinas but the Alpina 2501 is very rarely mentioned. The ASW kit is by Modellbau Roebers and was bought second hand. It dates back to the 70's or 80's, the fibre-glass fuselage was yellow with age and build instructions were all in German but it is now built and ready to go. Both these gliders have yet to be maidened.
So my challenge is to develop my landing skills with the Phase 6 and see how that goes before moving on to bigger gliders and then maybe looking as scale builds.
I have just purchase an Algebra glider kit from Cliff and have decided to dip my toe in the water and write a build blog for this glider over the next few weeks (or maybe months) which should be fun.
Regards
Andy Warlow