• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Hello

Just joined the forum? Please introduce yourself here..
djfawcett26

Hello

Post by djfawcett26 »

I am a little late in posting here but my name is Dave Fawcett. I am nearly retirement as president from AirBoss Aviation Group is the USA. The company specializes in designing, building, and testing proof-of-concept and prototype aircraft ranging from small GA to high performance jets, to spacecraft. Over the last 25 yrs we have built and tested 28 aircraft, and developed over 300 concepts. Unfortunately, never did we do a sailplane, which is my first love. As a result, here I am today to start down a new path building scale sailplanes. I am absolutely amazed at the engineering and ingenuity that goes into designing these ships. Hopefully, I will be able to start my own in the near future. It will be a far, far cry from the stick and tissue aircraft I built as a child.

All the Best

Dave
Barry_Cole

Re: Hello

Post by Barry_Cole »

Welcome Dave,

Are you considering Vintage or modern??

:D :D

BC
djfawcett26

Post by djfawcett26 »

Hi Barry,

I believe vintage is the way I want to go. The elegance of a vintage gullwing can not be matched.

Dave
djfawcett26

Post by djfawcett26 »

Hi Cliff,

You folks are better at designing the these sailplanes than I would ever hope to be. That being said, I probably will start out using one of the existing designs on this site. There is so much great design work on this site I would be foolish not to take advantage and learn before I venture out with my own design.

Dave
MDev

Post by MDev »

Welcome. You could use some of the designs from Airboss as PSS models for the slope? Just a thought.😊
djfawcett26

Post by djfawcett26 »

The Viper Jet might make a nice PPS. I believe if that I was going to do something that was "AirBoss", I would probably do an original "what if" type of design. Dave
djfawcett26

Post by djfawcett26 »

Rutan actually did a sailplane, and does look a bit like the ARES! ................... and here it is.
rutan sailplane.jpg