• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Hello(G'day) from new Member

Just joined the forum? Please introduce yourself here..
mode1blue

Hello(G'day) from new Member

Post by mode1blue »

HI,
I have just joined after reading on the site for a while, I started flying in the early 80's both power and lots of slope soaring. over the last 6 years or so I have discovered the joys of aerotow. My current hack is a battered and bruised Seagull KA8 which has been brilliant to learn aerotowing with. I have a DG1000 under build plus a few plans for some vintage scale gliders that I am yet to start.

I am fortunate as I live near the Australian gliding museum and regularly see full-size gliders over head including many rare types.

Thanks

Mark
John Vella

Re: Hello(G'day) from new Member

Post by John Vella »

Mark , welcome to the Forum. As you have flown the Seagull K8 on aerotow may I suggest building the Cliff Charlesworth K8 from plan or the Cliff Evans "short" kit. I have had many years of flying with 2 of these models, just like the full size easy to fly. Regards John.
Geoff Pearce

Post by Geoff Pearce »

mode1blue wrote: 03 Nov 2018, 21:29 HI,
I have just joined after reading on the site for a while, I started flying in the early 80's both power and lots of slope soaring. over the last 6 years or so I have discovered the joys of aerotow. My current hack is a battered and bruised Seagull KA8 which has been brilliant to learn aerotowing with. I have a DG1000 under build plus a few plans for some vintage scale gliders that I am yet to start.

I am fortunate as I live near the Australian gliding museum and regularly see full-size gliders over head including many rare types.

Thanks

Mark
Hi Mark,
Do you know what's happening at the Melbourne club?
I hear through the grapevine , basket ball takes presidence

Geoff
mode1blue

Post by mode1blue »

Sorry Geoff, can't help with any info on this.
Geoff Pearce

Post by Geoff Pearce »

mode1blue wrote: 06 Nov 2018, 00:12 Sorry Geoff, can't help with any info on this.
Ok thanks