• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Glad to be here!

Just joined the forum? Please introduce yourself here..
paulj

Glad to be here!

Post by paulj »

Good evening,
I have stumbled across this site as I follow up an urge to build a scale glider. I have been flying RC for many years, with high performance gliders on flat fields, and also on the slopes. This includes competition flying in BARCS Open (as it was), F3J, and F3F. These days I don't participate in competition flying, but I may get more involved in that aspect when I have more time. I also spend several years flying full size, and had a share in an Astir II. I originally solo'ed in a T36 (in 1980!), then again in a K7 in the Denbigh Gliding Club in 2004. I flew in K7's , K13's, my Astir II, Discus, Capstan, Super Blanik, K8, K18 and ASK-21, before stopping a few years back and moving back to model flying. I fancy building the Slingsby T26 Kite model from Chris Williams - hopefully not too challenging for a start in this aspect of RC modelling. Your opinions are welcome!!

Thanks for creating and maintaining this resource!

Best Regards,
Paul
chris williams

Re: Glad to be here!

Post by chris williams »

Welcome Paul, you will find plenty of help & support here... ;)
paulj

Re: Glad to be here!

Post by paulj »

Thanks Chris - much appreciated! I am currently working out of Brussels (for Toyota, not the EU) and travelling a lot, so I don't think I will be starting the build until the summer but I will use the time to study the plans and learn about the techniques for scale gliders. It'll be nice building a glider where the servos don't touch both the top and bottom skins of the wing at the same time!