• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Hello

Just joined the forum? Please introduce yourself here..
Iaing

Hello

Post by Iaing »

My name is Iain Glithero, I was born and raised in the Midlands, left home at 16 to join the RAF as an apprentice and served a total of 14 years as an Aircraft Electrician and a Flight Simulator Tech. I have been building models for over 60 years, and currently fly electric powered sailplanes and am now becoming interested in scale soaring. I have converted a 1/4 scale Discus to electric power and it is awaiting its maiden flight.

I have plans and laser cut parts for a 1/4 scale ASK 11 which I hope to start on construction soon.

If anyone else has built this model I would be interested in hearing your experience. This is the Chris Williams design published several years ago.

I Have lived in the USA since 1976 and in Arizona since 1983, and make almost annual trips to the UK.

Iain
B Sharp

Re: Hello

Post by B Sharp »

Hi Ian and welcome to the forum. I built Chris's K11 several years ago and found it to me a very good machine. Here is a photo of my K11.
Brian :)
Attachments
IMG_0004.jpg
chris williams

Post by chris williams »

PM me Iain, and I'll fix you up with the complete construction pack
Iaing

Post by Iaing »

B Sharp wrote: 28 Jan 2019, 12:45 Hi Ian and welcome to the forum. I built Chris's K11 several years ago and found it to me a very good machine. Here is a photo of my K11.
Brian :)
Brian, thanks for your response and welcome.
I like your color scheme. Is this your own creation?
I understand there was only one of these ever produced and that was in the traditional Schlecter (sp) red and white.

Iain
Iaing

Post by Iaing »

Cliff Evans wrote: 27 Jan 2019, 19:24 Iain, welcom to SSUK, always good to have new people joining us especially with the experience you bring with you.
Thanks Cliff

Iain
B Sharp

Post by B Sharp »

Hi Iain. Thanks for the nice comments about my K11. I know that the original was basically all white, but that's a little boring. I invented a history where the original was sold to a flier in the Bergin Aero Club, Norway and he had the K11 repainted in Norweigan colours. The colours actually came from a Fournier RF4 (not too dissimilar) and I used that pilots name on the side of the cockpit.
If you take up Chris's offer make sure to ask him about the modified canopy profile. I built mine not long after the plan was published and Chris gave me the "heads up". Chris's model and mine also differ in the power train. I suspect that he won't mind if I say that mine has a little more Ooomph. I am happy to send so info and photos when you reach that stage.
Brian.
mikec1959

Post by mikec1959 »

Hi I'm Mike Cooper ,I was taught to fly in the 70s up on White Sheet hill before the days of the club !! There's been a lot of balsa accross the bench since then . I still fly on a regular basis and I'm looking to do more flying over the coming years .