• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Introductions

Just joined the forum? Please introduce yourself here..
Zman713

Introductions

Post by Zman713 »

Hello Guys and Dolls, Robert Zimmerman here.

I'm a resident of NE Atlanta, Ga.,USA and a life long RC soarer of 30++ years :D Ive been actively flying sailplanes of all flavors for the past decade, I am an avid builder, building no less than a dozen models/yr. I met a mutual friend, Ian, at SERA in central Georgia when I got the itch for aero-tow and purchased my first 1/4 scale motorglider an ASK-14 that is still in rehabilitation, shortly to be complete. I've built just about every vintage sailplane production kit released from the 1960s through the late 1980s. I have been flying sport sailors from makes such as ArtHobby and many Multiplex, Graupner, Tangent the past 3 or 4 years. In north Georgia our fields are rolling and covered with Georgia Yellow and White Pines which make for wonderful thermal generators and beautiful scenery. Im rather surprised soaring isnt a bigger passtime in my state than it is but I'm attempting to lead the charge starting within my local RC club, ScenicRCFlyers, to grow the interest down here and would appreciate any info about events in particular in my corner of the country.
I fully realize this site is based in the UK and I am across a large pond but I intend to do more traveling to Europe in the coming year. Any one that could point me to what I need to know about traveling with models internationally and any tasks I need to do to be able to fly in Spain, Germany, Italy and the UK. I will greatly appreciate any and all help in this area that could be offered.
Lastly I hope to begin building the Flamingo from the site this fall and am doing my homework and planing on it. If anyone is visiting Georgia, come fly with us at Scenic.

happy Skies,
Robert Zimmerman
Zman713
Zman713

Re: Introductions

Post by Zman713 »

Again, Thank You for the wealth of knowledge. Let me know If I may be of any help to the community and yourself.

Robert Zimmerman