• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

New member from Fremont Ca.

Just joined the forum? Please introduce yourself here..
Chas Smith

New member from Fremont Ca.

Post by Chas Smith »

Hi All
Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Charles B. Smith and live in Fremont Calif.
I started with u-control in the mid 50’s but had a 30 year delay getting back into the hobby marriage,kids and work. Been flying electric for several years now in Calif. but have had the interest to get into vintage gliders. Now I am very happy that I have found your site and joined.
I am a member in the SBSS South Bay Soaring Society in San Jose Calif. which has several sites where we can fly.
Here in Calif. we are losing many of our flying sites to builders even the dump sites we used are now in demand.😫. Lost 2 in the last 2 years and a 3rd one in jeopardy.
Looking to start building a Minimoa soon.
Hoping I can contribute to the organization or help in any way I can.
Thanks for making this great site.
Charles
Nigel Argall

Re: New member from Fremont Ca.

Post by Nigel Argall »

Charles, I think half the UK is away on holiday hence no response! Welcome and which Minimoa are you thinking of building? You may be aware that one of our esteemed members is a bit of an expert on this glider...
Chas Smith

Post by Chas Smith »

Hi Nigel
Thanks , Yes I have a short kit on order from Cliff. Looking forward to getting started soon. I know it will be a long build for me but it is such a beautiful bird I can't wait to start.
This will be the largest model I will have tackled, I know I will be looking for advise from the members, so much talent with this group.
Chas :)
MDev

Post by MDev »

Welcome, we'll now be able to 'find our way to San Jose', haha! Alas probably without our gliders? Enjoy your build.