• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Hello from Germany

Just joined the forum? Please introduce yourself here..
speedy

Hello from Germany

Post by speedy »

Ups ... I almost missed to introduce myself ;)

My name is Christian and I'm from 1973, living in Germany between Cologne and Frankfurt. I started building model airplanes at the age of 12. Later on I got into full scale gliding followed by motor planes, but never let go the small ones. As I'm mostly building model planes together with a friend of mine and he is not a glider fan all of our projects have been props or jets. Our last project got a bit large ... ;) Can be seen on this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHhxisZvLsU
Besides building a Buran for this project I now decided to revisit glider models. Starting with a rebuild of an old but nice WIK Astir I want to build up some gliders I have the fuselages on shelf (ASK21, ASW20, Ventus) and most of all start the build of the Ka-6E by Jilles.
Looking forward to read many, many more interesting posts in this forum!
Regards,
Christian
john greenfield

Re: Hello from Germany

Post by john greenfield »

Hi Christian

Your Antanov is a very interesting mode but 93kg...wow, that is a high wing loading for such a model. How did you go about getting certification to fly the model in Germany?

AEB
AEB = Aeronautical Energiser Bunny (with thanks to CW)
Martin Gough

Post by Martin Gough »

Welcome.
speedy

Post by speedy »

john greenfield wrote: 15 Nov 2019, 08:02 Hi Christian

Your Antanov is a very interesting mode but 93kg...wow, that is a high wing loading for such a model. How did you go about getting certification to fly the model in Germany?

AEB
Well, the Antonov got a little bit heavier than we intended ... ;-) But keep in mind that this weight includes 12 liters of kerosene and a bunch off batteries!
Certification was done with the DAEC/LBA so it is official. But it's always difficult to find airfields certified for >25kg. So most times we only fly it on airshows where a permit for >25kg has been issued.
Regards,
Christian
speedy

Post by speedy »

But let's talk about gliders, not ridiculous heavy jets ;-)
Regards,
Christian
Barry_Cole

Post by Barry_Cole »

As requested, the light weight Glider version:-

BC