• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

New member Netherlands

Just joined the forum? Please introduce yourself here..
Bovin

New member Netherlands

Post by Bovin »

Hello everyone,

My name is Vincent de Bode and I live in Hillegom, the Netherlands. To start with; please forgive me the mistakes in the language which I surely am going to make, English is a foreign language to me.
In my teenage- mid twenty's age I build and flew rubber powered models, wakefield class in that time, equivalent with F1B now. That was in the sixties and all was freeflight, rc was very limited at that time.
Study and all kind of other things took over and I stopped with aeromodelling. While not aeromodelling, I kept on making things with my hands and about 10-15 years ago a friend slowly nudged me back in the hobby (I was a grateful victim..) I got involved again in the hobby and learned the basics of rc flying.
At a moment some friends of our aeroclub visited a Retroplane meeting and that aspect of the hobby touched me. I started with a short kit from the Aufwind magazine of the Nemere scale 1/8, build it in balsa and participated at Retroplane at the Wasserkuppe.
Next year I builded and enlarged Nemere scale 1/6, in ply, which looked and flew better.
Then Retroplane came with a new challenge, "1925", in other words build a model from a prototype before 1925. It ended in building a Fokker FG-2, a wood/ metal biplane with wingwarping which, after some nervewracking trials, actually flew. The building report is on Retroplane, a French website, but my building report is mostly in English.
Last winter I build a Slingsby Gull scale 1/4 which is now waiting on its maiden.
I got a lot of information from this website, so I like to contribute by telling how I made a model of this bautiful English glider, I will start posting shortly with that, hope you will enjoy it.

Regards,
Vincent
Cliff Evans

Re: New member Netherlands

Post by Cliff Evans »

Hi Bovin and Welcome. The Retroplane forum is one of the best, lots of info and very informative. The owner (Vincent) is a‼ very nice guy as well. I look forward to seeing the build of your Gull and anything else you choose to build.
https://lasercutsailplanes.co.uk
https://patteaklegliders.co.uk
Bovin

Re: New member Netherlands

Post by Bovin »

Hi Cliff,

Thanks for your welcome, I start gathering the material of report.

Vincent.