• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Hi, from Norfolk

Just joined the forum? Please introduce yourself here..
RonG

Hi, from Norfolk

Post by RonG »

Just joined the forum and a little bit about me.

I've been building and flying model aircraft, on and off, for the last 50+ years (well more off than on, as I only got back into it about 6 years ago!) and currently have a (far too many) large fleet of 'planes all of which are powered by either electric, petrol or glow (Laser engines, my fave) and range in size from indoor up to 3m+.

Sailplanes have always been a love of mine and when i lived in Sussex I used to slope soar off the Downs with Chriss Foss designed soarers. Having moved back to Norfolk some 13 years ago the slopes available to me in South Norfolk are few and far between so any glider flying has been, up until now, power assisted. However, a couple of weeks ago I converted my SIG Rascal 110" to a tug and had an enjoyable day towing a friends glider, which was a first for my flying site. This then set the wheels in motion and I have now placed an order for a Chris Williams Flamingo 1/5th, hence why I have now joined the forum!

I will be searching the forum for valuable tips on both building the Flamingo and flying via aero tow!

Ron
Peter Balcombe

Re: Hi, from Norfolk

Post by Peter Balcombe »

Welcome Ron.
I’m sure you will find plenty of tips & help from the forum :)
RonG

Post by RonG »

Thanks Peter.
Ian Davis

Post by Ian Davis »

Hello Ron

Once you get into aerotowing in a big way there's nothing better.

You should know that there is a week long event every year run by John Greenfield and the Ghost Squadron at Binham Norfolk, normally in August/September.

Keep your eyes open for announcements from John on this forum and try and get to the meeting either for a day or the whole week. You will see the cream of the aerotowing fraternity there.

Ian ;)
Last edited by Ian Davis on 09 Oct 2020, 14:10, edited 1 time in total.
Cliff Evans

Post by Cliff Evans »

Hi Ron, Welcome to the forum. and thank you for the order for the Flamingo. I will get it cut for you as quickly as I can, there is a little bit of a queue at present but, should not be too long.
https://lasercutsailplanes.co.uk
https://patteaklegliders.co.uk
RonG

Post by RonG »

@Ian - definitely keep an eye out for that one at Binham, it's only about an hour away from me.

@Cliff - many thanks but no hurry as I'm in the process of finishing off a BF110 at the moment!
Pat Marsden

Post by Pat Marsden »

Hi Ron
Im also a South Norfolk resident and have done quite a bit of towing over the years.
What club are you a member of?

Pat
RonG

Post by RonG »

Hi Pat

I belong to the Bury Model Flying Club also the South Norfolk one (although I do most of my flying with the BMFC as their Knettishall field is only about 10 minutes from me).

Ron