• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

New member from Devon

Just joined the forum? Please introduce yourself here..
robert-woolley

New member from Devon

Post by robert-woolley »

Hi, With some tech help from Cliff, I recently joined this forum. I am a member of the Dartmoor Slope Soaring Club based at Little Haldon near to Teignmouth. Our site is on the same ground as the historic Teignmouth aerodrome. SSUK was recommended to me by our membership secretary who is currently building a large K7 under the name of Calypso.
I returned to RC modelling last year after a break of many decades. I originally dabbled with RC gliding around the Cotswold escarpments near to Selsley common with an Impala. However, after several broken wings and long walks to the bottom of the slope, I gave up and turned my interest to other things.
Last year I decided to give RC flying another shot but to do things properly this time. DSSC were very welcoming and gave the necessary advice to get me started with a ARF Night Radian. Following a challenging and enjoyable summers flying, my grip on the Tx started to relax a bit so I decided to have a winter build project as I just need to build things. I chose a scratch build of a Twin Otter from an Ivan Pettigrew plan and had a maiden flight last month. Being part of Slope Soaring Club I now feel ready to build my first glider. I think that I must still have RC gliding disaster memories from the 70's as I have decided to build a motor glider and have recently taken receipt of the Chris Williams 1/5th Duster plan and have been studying that along with several build photos from this forum. I have also downloaded the pdf formers etc that Chris has kindly put on this forum and am beginning to buy in the wood from my local modelling shop before the balsa prices rise.
Ian Davis

Re: New member from Devon

Post by Ian Davis »

Welcome to Scale Soaring Robert.

Give my best regards to Felix and Joe Spires.

Ian
Cliff Evans

Post by Cliff Evans »

Yes welcome Robert, glad to see you made it here.
robert-woolley

Post by robert-woolley »

ian davis wrote: 27 Oct 2020, 16:20 Welcome to Scale Soaring Robert.

Give my best regards to Felix and Joe Spires.

Ian
Thanks both and will do Ian.